News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How do i remove this?

Started by 1833, September 28, 2014, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

True, but its still better than using the site on mobile without these hidden elements, and its not a big problem if you're just hiding text and having images or other heavy stuff change for each version :P And unless you're making two entirely different versions or hiding more than text, I think its still better than having to use javascript.

I wish php would get its own version of css media queries.

We'd get hanged by most devs out there for saying that, you know, haha, but I completely agree  :D

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

There is no response so far. I hope it works well.

It works very well when users upload avatar to their profile.

But when users have no avatars, the  posts overlaps, and the buttons disappear.

Antechinus

Quote from: Fortytwo on October 04, 2014, 08:21:03 AMI wish php would get its own version of css media queries.

Oh yeah. I have mentioned that before. if you could use screen res to trigger php conditionals directly it would be awesome. Unfortunately it's not possible (at the moment). You can pile of a whole lot of javscript to find out res and then play havoc with things, but it's not nice at all.

QuoteWe'd get hanged by most devs out there for saying that, you know, haha, but I completely agree  :D

Responsive is like most things. It has its good points and bad points. The good point, the big one, is that it will adjust to any screen size without requiring user agent sniffing in the PHP. However, to do this it relies on using HTML and CSS that is more complex and less efficient than if each screen size had a theme coded specifically for it, particularly in the case of CSS.

Sorry for that 1833. The fixed display template file is attached.

I also submitted this as a mod to the mod site with extra modifications. This is however, it is a bit different from the current one. But I attached it here as well, if somebody wanna test it. I have tested it fine in default theme and DilberMC theme for SMF 2.0.

You're awesome, thanks man.

The mod and the template gave all those features.

A little suggestion though, instead of redirecting to user profile when avatar was clicked why not make the avatar to enlarge/display its full/default width only? I propose this cos the username also redirect to the profile.

Well, if I could create a mini profile that sort of pop up with that, then the idea can definitely be implemented.

People will love that, I will love that ;D

When that's implemented users can easily view other user's dp by just clicking the avatar. And those that want to view users forum activites shall click username .

Quoteif I could create a mini profile that sort of pop up with that then the idea can definitely be implemented

Ehm, isn't it doable?

This came a bit late but anyway "happy eid ul Adha", wish you success in all your good endeavours.

It is doable but with a lot of works. ;) You can see that in some of Bloc's themes.

Thank you for the wish.

Putting my hands on some php ebooks and videos, things are easy so far, wanna learn as much as I can and do lots of stuff on my own.

Expect my entries whenever I got stucked ;D

I did manage to add sort of pop up feature.

Note that I haven't remove anything in Display.template.php via this mod. This is due to the fact that after thorough testing of disabling default poster and keyinfo area, the quick modify failed to work properly. As such, I leave them intact so that the quick modify will work.

I also test this mod with Ajax Quick Reply as well Quick Reply Reposition mod and there work awesome. So far, it works fine and without error(s).

This mod is still pending approval. If anybody like to try it, here is the said package latest version (with pop up on hover feature).

Advertisement: