News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.9 / 1.1.20 Security Patches Released

Started by Oldiesmann, October 02, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterd

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Apllicmz

Robert.

Mr. Jinx

Thanks again for keeping SMF secure and bug free!

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NekoJonez

Forgive me. :P

(Blame it on being tired of being a receptionist at a busy busy company all week.)
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Aaron10

Just updated without errors but before updating I noticed the latest version was stuck at ?? and the news area says:

QuoteYou are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

This mustve just started happening recently as I've just noticed it. :S

Herman's Mixen

Quotetry
to run the Task "fetch simple machines data"

does that help ?
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Aaron10

Admin > Scheduled Tasks > Fetch Simple Machines Files (Run Now)? Yeah I tried it but still nothing.

mashby

Of course this topic is not for support and the site in your signature is on 2.0.9. If you are having issues on another site, use the 2.0.x Support board please. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Abhijit1030

I think IMG tag not working in SMF 2.0.9

I tried to put image a post with IMG tag but image not showing.

I notice it also in my forum.

Ninja ZX-10RR

This topic is not for support, once again.

The IMG tag works perfectly both here and on my 2.0.9 anyway so it must be something on your own forum, please post in the support board, so that someone may assist you :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Abhijit1030

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 04, 2014, 02:30:35 AM
This topic is not for support, once again.

The IMG tag works perfectly both here and on my 2.0.9 anyway so it must be something on your own forum, please post in the support board, so that someone may assist you :)

sorry for that see this topic I created image not showing with IMG tag
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528506.0

Antechinus

QuoteIf you are still using 1.1.x branch, please be aware this will be the last patch released for this version, so you are strongly urged to upgrade to 2.0.9, in order to be able to continue to receive security upgrades to your forum. Note that we will continue to provide support for 1.1 until 2.1 final is released.

Interesting. So what you are saying is that 2.1 final is going to be released before any new exploits are found for 1.1.x. That would imply that 2.1 final is almost ready. :D

That must be the fastest beta and RC series in history.

Masterd

Quote from: Antechinus on October 04, 2014, 02:44:14 AM
Interesting. So what you are saying is that 2.1 final is going to be released before any new exploits are found for 1.1.x. That would imply that 2.1 final is almost ready. :D

That must be the fastest beta and RC series in history.

I was wondering the same thing. However, it does partialy make sense to completely shift focus from 1.1 and put every spare second into 2.1.

Antechinus

They'll probably get away with it, given that exploits for 1.1.x don't seem to be turning up very often, but "we will continue to provide support for 1.1 until 2.1 final" implies 1.1.x will be patched if exploits turn up before 2.1 is ready. If it's not going to be patched any more, then in reality it is unsupported now.

Masterd

Quote from: Antechinus on October 04, 2014, 05:08:48 AM
They'll probably get away with it, given that exploits for 1.1.x don't seem to be turning up very often, but "we will continue to provide support for 1.1 until 2.1 final" implies 1.1.x will be patched if exploits turn up before 2.1 is ready. If it's not going to be patched any more, then in reality it is unsupported now.

They're probably reffering to the support board.

Advertisement: