News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Posts not showing

Started by BenQ, November 07, 2014, 10:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenQ

I've recently added a new board to my forum (http://nocturnal-media.com/forum/index.php) which is designed only to be seen and posted to by a specific group of members. I can see this board in the forum ok.

When I and any other members try to post either to this board if they are memebers of the apporopriate membergroup, or any other board if they are not, all goes as usual until they hit 'post'. Nothing seems to happen for a long time and then eventually it goes to a 500 Internal Server Error:

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at nocturnal-media.com Port 80

If you return to the forum after this, the post shows up unless it is in the new board. Here in the main window it says there is a post, but when you open up the board it says there are none and it is all blank!

If you access posts since your last visit, it lists all the posts.

Any ideas what I've done to cause this and how to correct it?

Kindred

smf version?
mods installed?
who is your host?

can you give us a test account to check?

any errors in your smf error log?
any errors in your server error log?

Are you using any redirects or re-writes? prettyurls?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BenQ

It's SMF 2.0.9
No mods that I'm aware of.
It's hosted by http://nocturnal-media.com/ but I don't know whose servers they are using for it.
I'll PM you details of a test account - don't want to put details online.
The only errors I can see are to do with forgotten passwords or non-activated members trying to post.

kat

Might be worth asking your host to disable "mod_security" and ensure you have full file owership, too.

JBlaze

An internal server errors means that the server is encountering an issue. The best way to find out what is causing the issue is to look at the server error logs (NOT the SMF error log).
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

BenQ

Thanks all for the tips - I'll get in touch with the webmaster from Nocturnal and see if they can take a look at the error files for me.

Advertisement: