Theme preview bug?

Started by Gwenwyfar, October 20, 2014, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

This is the first bug I find after a long time so, good job! :)

I've made a specific board have its own theme and override user settings. As such, it only appears when inside that board and nowhere else. That works fine.

I'm doing updates in it through the admin panel, which uses the default theme instead. Until now this was fine, but now sometimes when I submit a change to the css file, everything changes into the specific board theme! This happens specifically when I submit an update on the css file. It does not go away with cache reset, yet the option on the profile still shows as if you are using the default theme (you need to "change it" again for it to go back to default). Fortunately it seems this might be only to the user who is editing, I logged into another account and it seemed fine, so its not a big problem (as it would be if it changed everything).

Edit: Sorry, had read the bug topic after creating this. It is in version 2.0.8. I'll see if I can get some time to test this on a empty install to see if the same happens. If someone wants to do that I have no objections, I don't even know when I'll have time for bug hunting.

There are no errors in the error log. The server is running apache 2.6.18.

Edit2:
Could be related to the preview window. I'm modifying the css in a text editor, then copy-pasting it there quickly. For what I can gather it happens more often when I paste and submit quickly, when the preview is still updating. Would make sense that the preview bugs this way and "stays" on the entire page.

Edit3:
Hm, doesn't seem it is related to how fast you do it, but it still seems related to the preview, it also updates one time when you hit the submit button.

Edit4:
Could be unrelated to specific board theme as well, when I edit the css of any theme, it won't update because it is cached. But sometimes I don't need to clear the cache as it "updates" automatically after updating the css, which would be basically the same thing, but since you're editing the same theme you're using, its not noticeable as it is with the specific board theme editing.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: