News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Upgrading from 2.0.7

Started by 1nstan7, December 08, 2014, 04:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1nstan7

Well hello,

Currently I am on 2.0.7, do I need to upgrade to 2.0.8 or can  I go straight to 2.0.9.

Im not sure how to upgrade to 2.0.8 because all I see is 2 xml files

Arantor

The recommended way is to upgrade to 2.0.8 then 2.0.9 - the XML files document the changes, and Admin > Main > Package Manager can perform the changes for you - just go to there, and it should offer to perform the upgrade to 2.0.8 for you, and then to 2.0.9.

1nstan7

Thanks, it worked.

I tried it before but it failed but just relised now that my internet went down lol

Thank you!

1nstan7

Hey guys. I reinstalled SMF. I currently use hostgator (they suck but cheap) and I am having issues to updating to 2.0.9 thought package installer. Any help?

Arantor

1nstan7

"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

I made a folder in packages called "nine" and put all the files in there and it doesnt pick it up :(

Arantor

What exactly did you try to upload?

1nstan7

Arantor

Yeah, that's not going to work because that's not a mod-style package but a complete set of files.

Try using the actual mod package: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip (which does both 1.1.19 to 1.1.20 and 2.0.8 to 2.0.9)

Advertisement: