News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Images verification on Register

Started by Tomy Tran, December 31, 2014, 03:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomy Tran

I am with problem on registration, my image verification did not appear. Do I need to CHMOD to fix it and how or do I need to do something else?

Thanks for watching!

Kindred

Tomy,

You should know better by now...  we need ACTUAL INFORMATION, not just a generic description.

The image verification did not appear?
What does that mean?
Did the SPACE appear, with a red [X] of a missing image? Did the image not even show?
Did you configure it to show the CAPTCHA in the first place?
are the image files present on the server?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tomy Tran

Dear @Kindred,

Sorry for lack of information. I am attaching the captured image on my screen with area in red, it shows like a broken link to image, I did not find any folder contains image files for these tasks of verification on my host.

Thank you for your reply.

Kindred

Well, that would be pretty clear then...   If the images are missing from the server, they can not be displayed when called...

Find the images in the installation archive file and put them on yournserver
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Tomy Tran

Could you tell me the path to them? I could not find the images in the installation folder. There's no images folder related to these verify task even in installation package as image attached?

Kindred

Under themes/default... Not sure if the exact subdirectory...
But, if you right click on the missing image icon and look at the properties, it should tell you exactly where it is looking for the image..
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

I think SMF 2.1 not using static images to show captcha, its using font to generate. So try to give 777 to fonts folder under default (themes).

Illori

Quote from: Antes on January 02, 2015, 03:23:57 AM
I think SMF 2.1 not using static images to show captcha, its using font to generate. So try to give 777 to fonts folder under default (themes).

actually just like in 2.0 there are both options depending on server config. the images are located in the Themes/default/fonts/<fontname> folder.

Arantor

That one is not a static image, which makes me wonder what's in the error log and/or run file_check.php

Tomy Tran

I have CHMOD 777 for folder fonts as above advice but images still not appears.

I also have more question:
+ if CHMOD 777 like that will raise more risk for my forum?
+ in folder /fonts I see more than one type of font: anon (folder), consola (folder), AnonymousPro (file), ConsolaMono (file), Pfennig (file). How I know which font my forum is using and how to change it?
+ What is url to "both options depending on server config" which @Illori has commented to?

My forum url is http://www.joomviet.com it is default as what are on download page (I did not change any code). My error_log as below:

[01-Jan-2015 15:58:51 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2647) : eval()'d code on line 1087
[01-Jan-2015 16:01:52 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2647) : eval()'d code on line 1087

Thanks for your time.

Tomy Tran

So, nobody knows how to fix verification image on this case?

margarett

Please disable template evaluation then check if these errors appear again (with a different presentation, which is what we need ;) )
Admin --> Maintenance --> Server Settings --> General -->  Disable evaluation of templates (check it and save)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

w4rkr4f7

Quote from: Tomy Tran on December 31, 2014, 03:13:04 AM
I am with problem on registration, my image verification did not appear. Do I need to CHMOD to fix it and how or do I need to do something else?

Thanks for watching!

use this mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3824

Arantor

Firstly, he's using 2.1 and the mod hasn't been tested in any fashion against 2.1.

Secondly whatever is causing it to break will probably continue to be broken even using my CAPTCHA mod.

Tomy Tran

Solution of @Margarett can solve my first problem, but when I do it, my UTF8 fonts turn into something looks like this

Trang n�y cho ph�p b?n c� th? thay ??i c�c th�ng s? c? b?n c?a di?n ?�n. Th?t c?n th?n v?i c�c th�ng s? n�y, v� n?u sai c� th? l�m di?n ?�n kh�ng ho?t ??ng. Cookie - t?m g?i l� Phi�n l�m vi?c l� d?ng th�ng tin ???c l?u v�o m�y t�nh ng??i xem ch? ?? l?u gi? cho th�nh vi�n ?� ??ng nh?p kh�ng b? tho�t ra ngo�i � mu?n. <== This is error font.

and I can not read them. When I remove the tick and save, it shows back to which I can read again:

Trang này cho phép bạn có thể thay đổi các thông số cơ bản của diễn đàn. Thật cẩn thận với các thông số này, vì nếu sai có thể làm diễn đàn không hoạt động. Cookie - tạm gọi là Phiên làm việc là dạng thông tin được lưu vào máy tính người xem chỉ để lưu giữ cho thành viên đã đăng nhập không bị thoát ra ngoài ý muốn. <== This is correct font.

But this is one way of solving, I am trying to fix further more on this way.

Arantor

Margarett's solution wasn't a solution but trying to get more information to actually fix the problem.

Kindred

however, your error is interesting, since AFAIK, disabling the eval should
a) have no effect on the images showing or not showing
b) have no effect on the utf-8 characters
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: