Found something need help with

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, December 23, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I've got a pesky little error that I'm not sure where to begin resolving, I'm getting an "Uninitialized string offset: xxx" error during parsing bbcode tags on line 2069 in my Subs.php file...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

So what changes have you made to the parser?

Quote from: Arantor on December 23, 2014, 08:38:29 PM
So what changes have you made to the parser?

As far as I am aware I haven't changed the parser, I have installed several mods that have required manual manipulations to get them functioning as before, but may have inadvertently changed something concerning parser? And I have heavily modified the default menu structure...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

Menu structure is not related. This error is specifically related to the parser. I'd compare the entirety of parse_bbc to the stock version and see what's different.

Quote from: Arantor on December 23, 2014, 08:50:02 PM
Menu structure is not related. This error is specifically related to the parser. I'd compare the entirety of parse_bbc to the stock version and see what's different.

Keep getting distracted by other issues, just now getting back to this one...

Ok, I have indeed made some changes to the parser it seems, but before I get heavy into backtracking the changes, can you tell me what significance if any there is to the "error string:xxx" number replacing the x's? Its always the same number and if I understood what the number represents it may be faster for me to diagnose where to put the fix...

Gotta tell you guys, this new version is excellent even in beta 1, I love it and once I learn all the new stuff and yall get a full release out we are going to be cooking with crisco baby!! I have quite a few mods installed and the system is getting relatively few errors, not ready for prime time yet, but the beta testing stage could be relatively short at this rate...

;)
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Arantor

The significance of the number is hard to say without knowing what you're feeding into the parser...

Advertisement: