News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

BB Code permissions

Started by bosswhite, January 02, 2015, 08:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosswhite

Is there a way that a particular BB Code may be restricted to Administrator use only?

Administration Center » Posts and Topics » Bulletin Board Code
allows me to enable/disable the BB Codes installed on my site, but this applies to all users.

I wish to be able to use one specific code as an Administrator but not make it available to all users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
I've been down so long now it's beginning to look like up..

Arantor

Kindred

There was a BBC permissions mod - but it's for 1.1.x and was never updated to 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bosswhite

Steve

That you will need to post in the mod's thread about. Dougie is really good at getting back to you when you have a question.
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2015, 09:01:14 AM
There was a BBC permissions mod - but it's for 1.1.x and was never updated to 2.0.x
There is an unofficial version of the mod to 2.0.1 in the latest posts of the support topic ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bosswhite

Quote from: margarett on January 02, 2015, 01:52:38 PM
There is an unofficial version of the mod to 2.0.1 in the latest posts of the support topic ;)

I have searched but cannot find the post you are referring to. Would it be possible for you to provide a link?

Thank you.

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: bosswhite on January 02, 2015, 03:42:53 PM
Quote from: margarett on January 02, 2015, 01:52:38 PM

I have searched but cannot find the post you are referring to. Would it be possible for you to provide a link?

Thank you.
what version of smf are you using right now?
If there is such a mod 2.0.1 will it work for previous smf themes, assuming you have the correct theme?
Ifs its not then your going to get heaps of errors on install

bosswhite

I am using SMF 2.0.9

I have just installed the mod and it appears (up to now) to be working OK.

Advertisement: