News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

List Of Users In Topic or Board

Started by dougiefresh, January 05, 2015, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

LIST OF USERS IN FORUM/TOPIC/BOARD v3.1
By Dougiefresh -> Link to Mod

Introduction
This mod modifies the Message Index and Post Display templates so that list of users in the board or topic is moved from above the topic list or start of the post to just above the Quick Reply box, and adds phpBB-like styling to the list.  It also alters the Board Index so that the list of users online is controlled by permission.

Admin Settings
There is a new admin page at Admin -> Features and Options -> Who's Online.  It takes the Enable Who's Online list and User online time threshold options from General tab and places them under the Who's Online.

There is a new option in v2.0 that removes the membergroup coloring that the user belongs to from the users online list.

There are 3 new permisions that allow membergroups to be able to view the users online list for:
o the Board Index (/index.php)
o the Message Index (index.php?board=x)
o the Post Display (index.php?t=x)

There are new options in v3.0 that allows you to move the "Who's Online" box to the top or bottom of the screen, as well as a section controlling whether the "Who's Online" section shows nothing, only numbers, or members for all installed themes.

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.15, but should work on SMF 2.1 RC2, as well as SMF 2.0 and up.  SMF 2.1 RC1 and before, as well as SMF 1.x, will not be supported.

Translations
o Dutch: @rjen
o Spanish: d3vcho!
o Spanish Latin: Rock Lee

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2019, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - January 16th, 2015
o License change to Simplified BSD.  No functionality change.

shazoo!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - April 6th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1

Xer0n_

I would suggest the option to remove member group colors, considering I have a light background with bright membergroup names.

Thanks, and nice mod!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Xer0n_ on January 08, 2016, 05:30:06 AM
I would suggest the option to remove member group colors, considering I have a light background with bright membergroup names.
Let me see what I can do.

d3vcho

Translation for Spanish_es and Spanish_es-utf8

8)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 - January 17th, 2016
o Linked displaying all member lists to the "Enable Who's Online" checkbox.
o Added new permission to deny/allow showing member list on board index.
o Added Who's Online under Features and Options to deal with permissions and options.
o Added option to remove the membergroup color code from the members' username.
o Restored option from Themes/{theme}/Settings.template.php that was commented out.
o Added UTF8 and regular Spanish translation to the mod.

@d3vcho: Thank you for the Spanish translation!  However, version 2.0 adds some more strings to translate.  Could you translate them, then attach the spanish language files again?  Thanks!

Quote from: Xer0n_ on January 08, 2016, 05:30:06 AM
Your request has been granted!  Thanks for the suggestion!

samimikawi

hello ,

i install the package and i make a check on the browsing in the permission settings but nothing showing in the topics . any idea ?

thanks & Best Regards

dougiefresh

Under Admin => Configuration => Themes and Layouts => Theme Settings, look for Show who is viewing the board index and posts and change that option to Show member names.

samimikawi

after a long search find it working now thanks
really appreciate it

d3vcho

Got 2.0 translated finally. I haven't had a chance lately  8)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - January 30th, 2016
o Updated Spanish language translation, courtsey of d3vcho.

@d3vcho:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in this update!

villasg

Hello my friend .
I want ask you if need to uninstall the previous v1.2 and install this v2.0 , or just install v2

dougiefresh

Most of my mods are not upgradable via Package Manager, so you will need to uninstall version 1.2 before you can install version 2.1

villasg

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - July 7th, 2017
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 3.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 1 and 2.

Advertisement: