News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to restore original IP in SMF while using CloudFlare?

Started by jackc, January 15, 2015, 08:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

SD-X

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2022, 11:58:07 AMDid you configure the relevant settings?
I've tried manually setting the proxy types, as well as using the auto feature. Beyond that, I've been having extreme difficulty finding any information on the subject outside of this topic. I do see the field for setting specific proxy servers for security purposes, but the wording appears to make that optional for better security, and I haven't messed with it yet because I would prefer to get the actual system working first before messing with it more. ;D

shawnb61

I swear shadav had a post on this outlining a fix for CloudFlare but I cannot find it.

@shadav?  Are you aware of a fix for IPs under Cloudflare?  Or did you fix it by a call to Cloudflare?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shadav

lol I think you are thinking about my modem connection issues where I had to change my dns settings use cloudflare ip address or another service because my internet provider (xfinity) sucks

for me on cloudflare I had to turn off Rocket Loader under the optimization settings other wise it messed up my sites (couldn't use the menu, etc)
also turn off Mobile Redirect

as for ip, I don't recall off the top of my head
running a quick search there's this mod for 2.0.x
Cloudflare IP Referral Support

SD-X

Quote from: shadav on February 22, 2022, 12:37:11 AMlol I think you are thinking about my modem connection issues where I had to change my dns settings use cloudflare ip address or another service because my internet provider (xfinity) sucks
Well hey, something we have in common. ;D

Quote from: shadav on February 22, 2022, 12:37:11 AMas for ip, I don't recall off the top of my head
running a quick search there's this mod for 2.0.x
Cloudflare IP Referral Support
Unfortunately that only affects 2.0.x though. 2.1.x is supposed to have support for this built in.

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 21, 2022, 12:21:23 AMI swear shadav had a post on this outlining a fix for CloudFlare but I cannot find it.
By any chance are you referring to using these headers?:
https://developers.cloudflare.com/fundamentals/get-started/http-request-headers

Advertisement: