News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.1 Paid Subs

Started by Krashsite, March 26, 2015, 03:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

What's the github link?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

margarett

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues

Feel free to open a new issue, with a link to this topic or an in-post fix if you feel like it

If you aren't comfortable with GH (I'm not but I'm getting the hang of it), me or anyone else will stuff it in the code ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

Just want the current 2.1 version.  Won't let me in with IE8, O12 is scrambled, had to use Pale Moon.  Now I'll probably have to reboot. 

Ok to post github link on support boards?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Crap, it's back.  Here's the code in the current github d/l -

// Has the user set up an email address?
if ((empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_email'])) || empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']))
return false;

Same problem, if empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']) it fails.  No reason for most users to set sandbox email.

If you change that line back 2.0 -

/// Has the user set up an email address?

if (empty($modSettings['paypal_email']))

//if ((empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_email'])) || empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']))

return false;

... subscription works.

- R. Waters

live627

if ((empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_email'])) || empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']))

probably should be

if ((empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_email'])) || !empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']))

Untested.

Quote from: Krash on March 27, 2015, 10:45:53 PM
Just want the current 2.1 version

Ok to post github link on support boards?
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/archive/release-2.1.zip  - of course it's fine! :)

Quote from: Kindred on March 27, 2015, 10:13:31 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have any good way to currently keep our download page synced with github.
Does it support arbitrary links?

Illori

if we have a package available here that pulls from github, we will never know what version is being tested as there is no version or date attached. that may cause more issues for devs when bugs are reported.

Sir Osis of Liver

You kind of already have that problem.  There isn't any way to know which version a user is running when they post a problem in support.  I ended up working with three different versions, my November install, the current package d/l'd from here, and the current github d/l.  All were different.  Would help if there were a build number in index.php of each update.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: live627 on March 28, 2015, 01:10:05 AM

if ((empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_email'])) || !empty($modSettings['paidsubs_test']) && empty($modSettings['paypal_sandbox_email']))

That's what I came up with, does seem to be the purpose of that line.  Didn't try it.  Really not a necessary feature, and somewhat confusing.

- R. Waters

Kindred

can't do that, Krash (build number) since the available ZIP is autoconstructed from whatever is checked in on github... it's not a kicked-off build that can be versioned.

The users **SHOULD** be tracking the date that they grabbed the file at the very least.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: