News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to copy 2.1 images to 2.0.9 board

Started by Hathor, April 10, 2015, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathor

I have to say that i absolutely love the new curve theme in 2.1, and would like to use the graphics on my production board
which is a 2.0.9. Question is; When comparing 2.1 and 2.0.9 themes directories, the 2.0.9 version of curve has a helluva lot more
icons. How do i copy over the ones from 2.1?

I got a couple already, and all i had to do was to change them from .png to .gif :)

Antes

Its not a simple method, first of all Curve2 is powered with HTML5 & CSS3 which means no longer big block images for cat_bar / title_bar. Another part about icons, Curve2 is using sprite method to show icons while curve uses direct access (img tag). You need to rebuild entire theme to make it look like Curve2 (or even use its icons).

Does it worth? no... But you can do it.

Illori

really what you want to do is a ton of work. if you dont know how already it would take a ton of time to explain it.

i would really not recommend what you are trying to do.

also renaming an image from png to gif does not really convert it correctly and may cause issues in some browsers.

Hathor

Well that sucks as curve2's graphics looks damn good. I finally found a bunch of seperate gif files on SMF2.1 on github and downloaded from there and replaced the ones on the server. That worked pretty good :)

Antes

If you just need the icons

http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/ < this is the set we are using. Attached is the icons we are using in Curve2.

Illori

Advertisement: