News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is THIS something to be concerned about?

Started by concorde7, January 11, 2016, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concorde7

I noticed these 3 errors on a guest ip earlier today and was wondering if this is something to be concerned about ....

8: Undefined index: sub_buttons
?action=register2

?action=profile;u=228

?action=register

I registered a dummy account through IE to see if there was an issue but had none.

Kindred

depends what you mean by "concerned about"

since you don't give us any actual details
(like what version of smf, what mods installed, etc)
we can't say what the problem is...   
but the error just means that you have a mod installed which has left a variable undefined -- it's not a hack or anything
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

concorde7

oops sorry, i forgot to give all that info.

SMF 2.0.11
1.    Contact Page    3.2    
2.    Ad Managment    3.2    
3.    reCAPTCHA for SMF    1.0.0    
4.    Add Social Media Icons To Profiles    1.2.0

Does this help or change anything?

Kindred

What is the actual, full error?  You only listed part of it
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

concorde7

I hope this is what your'e looking for. I tried to look at other posts to see examples but found only one with a pic or the error log so here it is ...

Daniiel

I think the error comes from my theme, please do the following:

Index.template.php
Search:
echo '
<li id="button_', $act, '" class="', $button['sub_buttons'] ? 'dropdown ' : '', '', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', '">
<a ', $button['sub_buttons'] ? 'class="dropdown-toggle" ' : '', 'href="', $button['sub_buttons'] ? '#' : $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '', $button['sub_buttons'] ? ' data-toggle="dropdown"' : '', '>
', $button['title'], '
', $button['sub_buttons'] ? '<span class="caret"></span>' : '' ,'
</a>';

Replace with:
echo '
<li id="button_', $act, '" class="', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? 'dropdown ' : '', '', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', '">
<a', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' class="dropdown-toggle" ' : '', 'href="', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? '#' : $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? ' data-toggle="dropdown"' : '', '>
', $button['title'], '
', !empty($button['sub_buttons']) ? '<span class="caret"></span>' : '' ,'
</a>';

Regards!

concorde7

Hi Daniiel, thank you for the reply. I have attached an image of the results of replacing the code. Did i miss something?

Edit: I forgot to point out in case you miss it, the Home Help Search and Logout buttons are no longer buttons.

Advertisement: