SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

More GREAT news from SMF. Thank you to everyone's hard work, we cannot WAIT for the new forum to be released!

Thank you times eleventy bazillion!

Regards,
BigMike

Bigguy

Beta 2 was released on my birthday....cool. Nice work everyone. :)

(Just noticed that, lol)

live627

Quote from: Bigguy on July 22, 2015, 05:51:39 PM
Beta 2 was released on my birthday..
ohh, nice. Happy birthday, dude!

shawnb61

Congrats!   Good job, team!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Bigguy

Quote from: live627 on July 22, 2015, 09:26:37 PM
Beta 2 was released on my birthday..
ohh, nice. Happy birthday, dude!

Excellent present for sure. :)

mehrtadbir

You're perfect.
I'm waiting for the next release.

Beta 2 was released on my birthday....cool. Nice work everyone. :)

(Just noticed that, lol)

happy birthday Bigguy
تالار گفتگوی تخصصی متا    دفتر تلفن مشاغل   سامانه پیام کوتاه ویژه اعضای دفتر تلفن مشاغل     شبکه تجارت الکترونیک البرز

Bigguy

a10

Thanks for the hard work. Easy and troublefree upgrade from 2.0.1 (test-) forum. Things seems to work very well.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

FragaCampos

Thanks to all of those involved in this step forward for our beloved SMF!

stmaxx

Not suggesting, Just saying that, I'm using the Beta 2 on a live site, from the day after it's release, and no issues with the SMF 2.1 Beta 2 as of now! ( same goes for my test sites!

Note this is still not recommended! I just like test stuff! :)

regards,
Maxx

cpf

I'm thinking I might roll this out to my site.  We get a lot of traffic, but sounds like it might be ready!
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

CountryLady

:o  ~sigh~  ::)

Here we go again.....   

stmaxx

Quote from: cpf on August 04, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
I'm thinking I might roll this out to my site.  We get a lot of traffic, but sounds like it might be ready!

I would not ... The mods are not comparable yet, and you may not get your stuff back once you go forward, unless you really know what your doing!

Just saying what I did. period!~

regards,
maxx

margarett

but sounds like it might be ready!
Trust us, it isn't. Although there are no (known) issues with security, there are features which are bit broken.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

青山 素子

While it might be workable, it's still a bad idea unless you're very experienced in coding. While we can't stop you from doing as you wish, remember that the beta is experimental. It may have data loss bugs, security bugs, cause high server loads, or any of many other things. As it's a beta, it will certainly have broken or rough features and there is no active support for people using it on live sites.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

TomW

Quote from: margarett on August 04, 2015, 05:14:17 PM
but sounds like it might be ready!
Trust us, it isn't. Although there are no (known) issues with security, there are features which are bit broken.

Are all of the issues documented in GIT ?  Or is there another list of defects not available to the public ?  Just curious.

I agree that one should not use a Beta product unless it's for a test site; that is what the Beta designation represents.

margarett

Everything that is known is in GH or in the "Bug reports" board ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smackcrmaddons

KnownSyntax

I LOVE the fact that you guys have included an optional 2 factor authentication, it's something that no one else is even doing by default which honestly I feel like it should be included in all modern software now a days. 

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see this fully released once it's ready!

Thijs.w

Is it already clearly when the official release will be finished? :P
Regards,
Thijs.

http://www.thijsw.eu

Advertisement: