Posting of an edited post only after the approval by mod or admin

Started by stiel, August 19, 2015, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiel

I am having a community where i want a feature for ex. Mr. A (a member of the community) posts a new topic or a new comment in an existed thread and then for some reason edits the topic or the comment or post and then makes it public again.
What I want to do is as soon as Mr. A edits his topic or his post, it shouldn't be publicly visible at that very moment, instead the edit should wait for a mod or an admin approves of the edit Mr. A has done.
Is it possible and if yes then how to achieve it?

Jade Elizabeth

I believe when a post is edited it not only shows an edit message below it as to who edited it and when, but it will bump the topic.

Anyway I have this mod and it eliminates any worries I have.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1841

Also there are mods for letting anyone edit regardless of lock out time if you want to make some people okay to edit but others not. There's also reason for editing mods and other edit mods if you search the mod site (click customise in the menu top right)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Steve

But none of those require the edit to be approved which is what the OP is after, at least, I couldn't find one.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Jade Elizabeth

No they don't but if someone abuses the edit feature you can put them on your moderator watch list and "show by post" if anything looks odd you can undo the damage.

Also if it's reported you can undo the damage. Better than nothing ;).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

dougiefresh

Quote from: stiel on August 19, 2015, 09:47:03 AM
I am having a community where i want a feature for ex. Mr. A (a member of the community) posts a new topic or a new comment in an existed thread and then for some reason edits the topic or the comment or post and then makes it public again.
What I want to do is as soon as Mr. A edits his topic or his post, it shouldn't be publicly visible at that very moment, instead the edit should wait for a mod or an admin approves of the edit Mr. A has done.
Is it possible and if yes then how to achieve it?
Would the original post have to be visible while waiting for the approval for the post?  Cause if not, then it shouldn't be an issue to put that post back into the unapproved status....  I'd have to do more research to confirm, but at least it wouldn't require database changes....  If it DID, then an additional column or table would be required to store the original text....

Advertisement: