News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Problems updating

Started by Johnboy1974, September 20, 2015, 07:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Wait...  Why are you trying to uninstall the 2.0.9 patch?  If you are already at 2.0.9, then install the 2.0.10 patch and move on.

Sir Osis...   What are you talking about! Why would he need the backup of the patch if he is already running 2.0.9?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Johnboy1974 on September 20, 2015, 03:45:10 PM
I'm on 2.0.8 and trying to move up to 2.0.9 using the package manager.

He seems to be saying he installed 2.0.9 patch and it's borked.  That being the case, he should remove and reinstall before attempting 2.0.10 patch. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Nope... That's not how I read what he is saying...   Based on his original, plus additional comments, it looks like he installed the 2.0.9 update but forgot and thought he was still on 2.0.8
Thus, trying to reinstall 2.0.9 would indeed generate failures on almost every test
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnboy1974

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2015, 05:23:22 PM
Nope... That's not how I read what he is saying...   Based on his original, plus additional comments, it looks like he installed the 2.0.9 update but forgot and thought he was still on 2.0.8
Thus, trying to reinstall 2.0.9 would indeed generate failures on almost every test

I definitely tried to install 2.0.9 but every attempt has been unsuccessful I've had nothing saying it was a success. Still I've checked the info at the bottom of the forum and it says smf 2.0.8 but in the package manager installed packages there's smf 2.0.9
Should I try the 2.0.10 patch from the smf downloads section?

margarett

Not really. We don't know exactly which parts were changed or not on the code, so we need to do a small check-up first.

Can you check this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip;smf_version=2.0.8

And compare, file by file, if some/all/none of the changes were performed?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Johnboy1974

Quote from: margarett on September 21, 2015, 06:12:49 AM
Not really. We don't know exactly which parts were changed or not on the code, so we need to do a small check-up first.

Can you check this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip;smf_version=2.0.8

And compare, file by file, if some/all/none of the changes were performed?

Ok Margaret I will give this a check at the weekend when I next get on my laptop and report back. Meantime thanks everyone for help and suggestions thus far. Much appreciated.

Advertisement: