Need Help, Fatal Error

Started by desertcities, August 19, 2015, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertcities

Hello,

While working on my recipe site I goofed up some things and now get this error on any of my forum recipes:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function parse_acronyms() in /home/vegereci/public_html/Sources/Display.php on line 376

http://www.vegerecipes.com

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Kindred

what were you doing when you "goofed up?

Did you take a backup?  If so, then restore it... if not, then -- next time, you will remember to do so...

what version of SMF?
What mods do you have installed?

Were you putting manual code changes into Display.php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desertcities

Well I'm here in the Philippines doing some missionary work and my good backup is on a computer in the states that I can't access.  I was trying to do a download, and restore, but my ftp connection kept failing.  I then resorted to asking Hostgator (my host) if they could restore, and they said no and then one of their programmers tried to assist me.  Anyway, that's where it is now.

I realize I might have to start over fresh. 

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2015, 06:11:26 AM
what were you doing when you "goofed up?

Did you take a backup?  If so, then restore it... if not, then -- next time, you will remember to do so...

what version of SMF?
What mods do you have installed?

Were you putting manual code changes into Display.php?

And get a better host other than hostgator... :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

parse_acronyms() is not a core function in SMF, so it's likely that you may have installed a mod that didn't quite install.

Have you installed/uninstalled any mods before this happened?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

davidfrost

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function parse_acronyms() in /home/vegereci/public_html/Sources/Display.php on line 376

Maybe check line 376 if there's a typo?

Kindred

more likely he uninstalled or partially installed the acronym mod and it is trying to call a function which is -- as the error suggests -- not defined
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: