No forum graphics!

Started by NLS, November 11, 2015, 10:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NLS

Hello,

I just installed SMF using softaculus on a free folder in my host and I have noticed that ALL forum graphics do not work.
This is actually more weird than it looks, since if I try to copy the link of a broken icon and see it in a browser tab it SHOWS UP NORMAL!
...but not in the forum page.

Here is my test forum:

forum.ilogic.gr/smf

Any ideas?

margarett

Looking at firebug, most of your files (images) are returning 403 forbidden (see attachment)
It's strange, because they *can* be accessed directly. This suggests a permissions/ownership issue.

Try to pick a large upgrade package for 2.0.11 from our downloads page and load everything (except upgrade*) on top of the current files, maybe the new files get proper permissions.
If that doesn't work, you need to manually check the permissions for the affected files.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

NLS

Thank you Margarett.

I found the problem.
Seems my host has hotlink protection enabled that does NOT implicitly allow own subdomains (!)...
So I had to manually add hxxp:forum.ilogic.gr [nonactive] and hxxp:blog.ilogic.gr [nonactive].

So issue is resolved. Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Advertisement: