News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Always stay logged in not working after host server problems

Started by BarbaraGraham, May 09, 2016, 10:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbaraGraham

Our host had a problem today, and after it was fixed our members, including me as Admin, started getting the login screen every time we go to the forum or even if we just refresh it after a short (but undetermined as of now) amount of time.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?  Thank you.

Kindred

Well, all other things aside, you should upgrade to 2.0.11
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BarbaraGraham

Quote from: Kindred on May 09, 2016, 11:08:33 PM
Well, all other things aside, you should upgrade to 2.0.11

Is that something I can do as a person who is not knowledgeable about SMF other than how to use phpMyAdmin?

And do you have any help for me in the meantime about where to fix the always stay logged in problem? 

Thanks.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

if you upgrade you may resolve this issue. SMF 1.1 is really not supported any longer so you NEED to upgrade.

BarbaraGraham

Thank you very much for that link.  It looks like I'm going to have to jump further into the technical end.  We had an SMF expert, but, very sadly, he passed away.  I thought I had another one secured through this forum, but he hasn't been able to do much due to circumstances in his life.  So I think it's going to have to be me.  Thanks again for the link.

Advertisement: