Script that checks for double, triple topics?

Started by Biology Forums, December 29, 2015, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Does anyone have a script that checks threads throughout the database that might be doubles?

margarett

How do you identify a topic as duplicate of another? Same subject? Same subject and body? What about replies?

I guess you can use a mod which identifies similar topics to the one you're viewing ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Biology Forums

Could, but with forums greater than 100K threads, it becomes a disaster.

What I'd like the script to do is go through the topic title column and find exact thread titles, list them, and their link, then allow me as the admin to make the determination.

margarett

I see ;)
Anyway it will never be an easy or quick computation as it needs to iterate throughout the messages table (topic titles are not stored in topics table, the topic subject is the subject of the first post in it ;) )
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: Shuban on December 29, 2015, 02:23:11 PM
What I'd like the script to do is go through the topic title column and find exact thread titles, list them, and their link, then allow me as the admin to make the determination.

if you export that topics table and make a list in excel 2 columns one being the topic subject and the topic id [assuming both in the same table] then do a sort in excel on the subject column then you have your list to look through. not as easy as it could be but better then nothing.

Advertisement: