Help updating from 1.1.11 to 2.0.11

Started by AaaTeX, January 01, 2016, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaaTeX

Happy New Year!

We have and the forum (1.1.11) running for over a year but had to shut it down due to getting more spam then real postings.

So we upgraded everything. New Linux plan with updated MySQL and Php and planned on going to SMF 2.0.11 (the latest production version).

So we created a new folder for SMF and uploaded a backup.

Created a new database and uploaded the backup.

Uploaded the files form the extracted folder for 2.0.11 upgrade.

Had to make the config changes in settings.php.

But now when we run the upgrade.php we are getting a screen full of errors and some we can read. See attached.  It seems that a bunch of files are missing but not sure why.

Help!!!

Thanks!

Illori

you need to run What is repair_settings.php? to fix your URL's and paths first. hopefully they can all be fixed with your 2.0 files in place, if you keep running into issues restore your 1.1.* files and run it again then do the upgrade.

AaaTeX

This error comes up at the bottom of the repair tool

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /home/qbinet/public_html/forum3/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/qbinet/public_html/forum3/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

Kindred

Quote from: Illori on January 01, 2016, 12:49:52 PM
restore your 1.1.* files and run it [the repair_settings.php file] again...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

AaaTeX

Ok, restored the 1.1.11 files.  Brought up the repair_settings.php screen.

I assume that I need to:
1. Save Settings
2. Upload the SMF update

Illori

Advertisement: