Upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2.0.11

Started by bwaynef, February 04, 2016, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwaynef

I'm pretty sure those are the right versions. 

I posted a thread a while back here and seemed to exasperate most folks because I wanted to do it the hard way.  I ended up hesitating and putting it off.

I decided today I could go ahead and start the upgrade like I was told ...and things would probably go off well and I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Forum is backed up (db & files).
Files for the new version are uploaded.
Navigate to forum-url/upgrade.php.
Logged in.

Then I'm hit with:
"Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list' "

Any help?

Illori

are you sure upgrade.php did actually run? it sounds like it did not.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did upgrade.php throw that error, or do you see it when trying to load 2.0 install after upgrade?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

bwaynef

After I log in on the upgrade.php page, to begin the process of upgrading, I get that error.  Coincidentally, I get it when I navigate to http://forum-url.com/ as well.

Illori

if you are running upgrade.php it should not give you that error as it is to upgrade your forum and fix getting errors like that.

if you are getting that when running upgrade.php can you provide a screenshot of the page that is making that error show up?

Sir Osis of Liver

Was your 1.1.11 install running correctly before you started?  Sounds like upgrade.php is getting to Step 4: Database Changes, correct?

- R. Waters

bwaynef

I navigate to the /upgrade.php and am presented with the page depicted in the screenshot below.

I enter my credentials, and click continue in the lower right and the next thing I see (immediately) is the message given above.

bwaynef

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 04, 2016, 02:39:59 PM
Was your 1.1.11 install running correctly before you started?  Sounds like upgrade.php is getting to Step 4: Database Changes, correct?

My install was running correctly.  I have no idea what step its getting to.

Illori

can you post a screenshot of the page that shows the error message?

bwaynef

Yeah, but you might be disappointed.

Illori

it seems that after you have logged into upgrade.php it is forwarding you to your forum and not keeping you in the upgrade.php script.

i wonder if there are any errors in your server error log related to what is going on.

bwaynef

Quote from: Illori on February 04, 2016, 02:51:26 PMi wonder if there are any errors in your server error log related to what is going on.

Without being able to get to the admin section any longer, do you have any suggestions as to where to look?  Cpanel?

Illori

your server error log is not in SMF. it is usually in a file with a name similar to error_log in the main SMF folder.

bwaynef

I thought it was accessible in the admin panel of SMF.  Alas, here are the logs from today (apparently my timestamp's off):

[04-Feb-2016 18:38:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:38:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:38:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:39:04 UTC] PHP Warning:  Unterminated comment starting line 17 in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/Sources/Security.php on line 17
[04-Feb-2016 18:39:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:39:09 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:39:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function loadDatabase() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/index.php on line 69
[04-Feb-2016 18:39:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function call_integration_hook() in /home/intouch/public_html/bonsaistudygroup/Sources/Load.php on line 330

Illori

are you sure all the files in the Sources folder got uploaded correctly? can you try uploading them again and running the upgrade script again?

bwaynef

Any chance you know how many there are supposed to be?  I'm about to upload 108.

Illori

i said if they got uploaded correctly, not if all of them got uploaded. it is possible that they may have gotten corrupted when they got uploaded.

bwaynef

I ask, because the upgrade package on my desktop has 108 files in the Sources directory.  My forum has 166 files in the Sources directory. 

Filezilla says 108 were successfully transferred.

**Edit** Looks like a freshly downloaded upgrade package has 108 files in the Sources directory.

bwaynef

...and I took it upon myself to try the upgrade.php again and there's no change.

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you uploaded a fresh set of upgrade files?

- R. Waters

Advertisement: