Install advice please

Started by phishinfool, May 07, 2016, 09:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishinfool

qc

@phishinfool Better delete that file quickly and/or rename it! Now everybody can download your database including member email adresses, private PMs and weakly hashed passwords :(
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

phishinfool

phishinfool

i had no idea
that was a rookie mistake lol!

Been beating my head against the bricks, i have never had such an ordeal installing & restoring a backup of a forum, not even when i did it the first time.

Sir Osis of Liver

Going offline shortly, just to let you know I have a support ticket in with my host to import your database into a test install.  They should get to it by tomorrow.  I suspect it's $50 worth of crap.  Do you still have any access to the old account?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

phishinfool

Sir Osis of Liver

My host cannot import the database -

'We have tried to import the database file to the database gemstone_forum and noticed that it contains many Duplicate entry. That is the reason, it is not allow us to import. Please go through database file and remove all unwanted entry and provide the proper SQL file.'

The file is 135 mb, not something you'd want to try to fix manually.   What access do you have to the old forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

phishinfool

just to log in and use it as an admin.
no option in the admin panel to make a download in maintenance like all the forums i have ever built and operated

Advertisement: