News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

InfoBar

Started by allever, October 28, 2005, 03:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allever

Link to Mod

This MOD will display an Internet Explorer 6 SP2 style info bar at the top of
your forum for guests to registers.  This text can be easily changed to any text
that you like.  It uses the forum's parse_bbc function, allowing you to use
smileys, graphics, links, etc.  Just change $txt['infobarText'] in
Modifications.english.php

This mod is a conversion of phpBB InfoBar from http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5541.

This mod works with default and classic themes.

Enjoy!

Allever
Sometimes, it's the little features.. Err, things that matters....

J. Williams

Nice Mod

Could there be an option to disable it when maintenance mode is on?
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

JayBachatero

I dont see any style in it.  all i see is this "You haven't registered an account yet? Please click here to register for free!"
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

J. Williams

Did you read this?

Just change $txt['infobarText'] in
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

JayBachatero

Quote from: scs on October 28, 2005, 03:31:52 PM
Did you read this?

Just change $txt['infobarText'] in

Did you read what I wrote?  I said there is no style.  Isn' t this supposed to show a bar on the top sayin to register.  I looked at the file and i saw the style sheet for it but i didnt see it taking place.
Follow me on Twitter

J. Williams

This mod doesn't remove its leftovers
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

allever

Quote from: scs on October 28, 2005, 04:42:22 PM
This mod doesn't remove its leftovers
Hi, can you please be more specific?  I have installed and uninstalled this mod, and it leaves no leftovers for me. 

trenchteam

can we get a live demo?

snork13

cool mod, i attach a screen shot..

-snork
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

JayBachatero

Quote from: snork13 on October 30, 2005, 02:08:52 PM

-snork

When i installed it it wasnt showing llike that.
Follow me on Twitter

HoTmetal

Nice mod, Can't wait to try it out...

thetzfreak

Ya, this is a nice mod. Actually, asking people to register is exactly what I want. But, is it going to show for people who are already logged in? I only want it to show to guests...

Thanks.

JayBachatero

Quote from: thetzfreak on October 30, 2005, 09:35:36 PM
Ya, this is a nice mod. Actually, asking people to register is exactly what I want. But, is it going to show for people who are already logged in? I only want it to show to guests...

Thanks.

No only for guests.
Follow me on Twitter

snork13

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 30, 2005, 08:27:54 PM
Quote from: snork13 on October 30, 2005, 02:08:52 PM

-snork

When i installed it it wasnt showing llike that.

I installed by hand, on a heavy-modified forum....i actually just got coppermine within the forum...too bad with iframes though
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

thetzfreak

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 30, 2005, 09:36:25 PM
Quote from: thetzfreak on October 30, 2005, 09:35:36 PM

Thanks.

No only for guests.

thetzfreak

Ummm, hate to say this, but I changed the text, and it doesn't show. Here is my code in the Modifications:

$txt['It appears you have not yet registered with our community. Please click here to register for free!'] = '[url=' . $scripturl . '?action=register]http://www.everythinghalo.com/forum/index.php?action=register[/url]';

I'm guessing it has something to do with the url? Or maybe I turn it on somewhere ???

Thanks.

allever

Quote from: thetzfreak on October 30, 2005, 10:04:54 PM
Ummm, hate to say this, but I changed the text, and it doesn't show. Here is my code in the Modifications:

$txt['It appears you have not yet registered with our community. Please click here to register for free!'] = '[url=' . $scripturl . '?action=register]http://www.everythinghalo.com/forum/index.php?action=register[/url]';

I'm guessing it has something to do with the url? Or maybe I turn it on somewhere ???

Thanks.

Don't change $txt['infobarText']

It should be like this: $txt['infobarText'] = '[url=' . $scripturl . '?action=register]It appears you have not yet registered with our community. Please click here to register for free![/url]';

JayBachatero

i think the text should be change to " it appears you have not registered or loged in, please register or login..."  just cause you are not logged in doesnt mean that you havent registered ;)
Follow me on Twitter

HoTmetal

Wow, nice site allever. I really  like your Orion project, do you plan on porting it to SMF>>?

thetzfreak

Quote from: allever on October 30, 2005, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: thetzfreak on October 30, 2005, 10:04:54 PM

Thanks.

Don't change $txt['infobarText']

It should be like this: $txt['infobarText'] = '[url=' . $scripturl . '?action=register]It appears you have not yet registered with our community. Please click here to register for free![/url]';

I put that exact code into my forum, and no luck :( Anything I can do?

Advertisement: