News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Changing Colors

Started by usa4all, July 19, 2016, 01:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usa4all

See screendump..

At Profile "Wop"  the color behind the extra text in a profile is red (Globalmod)

At Profile "Od Faitful"  the color is white, but the txt is also white..   

The only option I find to change colors on profiles is the online status color...   Ofcourse I did change this...   
But.... No effect ..   

Can someone help me out?

usa4all

I found the problem ..   The you  need to change the (online) colors at members groups..  BUT...   The color is not changing if I make a Change on post related groups..      Something wrong with the *.php File?

Illori

that would be from a mod, you would need to post in the mods support topic.

usa4all

How should I know which mod causes this?

Illori

what mods do you have installed?

usa4all

Illori

i dont see any mod installed that changes the color. maybe a better description of the issue may help us tell you what is going on.

usa4all

The color of the extra txt in the profile is by regular member white on white..  On my (Global moderator) It's red.. 

Inspector shows this:  Regular member 1st Quote..     Global Mod 2nd Quote..   

<div class="poster_responsive_margin membergroup hidden-sm hidden-xs membergroup_badge" style="background: ;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, 0%,  100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,), color-stop(100%,));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, 0%, 100%);
    filter: progid: XImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='', endColorstr='',GradientType=0 );">
                                Ik vind een persoonlijke tekst maar niks.
                            </div>
Expand

<div class="poster_responsive_margin membergroup hidden-sm hidden-xs membergroup_badge" style="background: #990000;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#ff9696 0%, #990000 100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#ff9696), color-stop(100%,#990000));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#ff9696 0%,#990000 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top,#ff9696 0%,#990000 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top,#ff9696 0%,#990000 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#ff9696 0%,#990000 100%);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ff9696', endColorstr='#990000',GradientType=0 );">
                                Oké , ik geef het toe, Ik ben verslaafd !!
                            </div>
Expand

usa4all

See this topic:  http://forum.verenigdestaten.info/forum-aangelegenheden/nieuwe-look-en-feel-voor-het-usa4all-amerika-forum/msg142481/?topicseen#msg142481

And look for user "Wop" And "Old Faithfiul".   Both has a text area below the forum name..    At "Old Faithful" profile the color stays white no matter what changes I make,,

Kindred

looks like you either tried to force some css or html into the membergroup title or you modified your display.template.php file or index.css file to change the display of that section

and we apparently need to be logged in to see any part of your forum -- please open it to guests?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

usa4all

If you like you can log in to see it with:

User:   Ashley
Pasw: 12345test

oOo--STAR--oOo

Just had a quick look,
In /Themes/Nebula_Theme_CR/css/index.css
Line 4506 or just search for
.membergroup_badge

Here you can change the "color" this will change the colour of the text, or you can add a background gradient as follows. Just append in the class

color: #000;
    background: #171717;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%, #171717), color-stop(100%, #29486B));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    filter: progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#171717', endColorstr='#29486B', GradientType=0);

#171717 is the color from and #29486B is the colour to, from top to bottom. There are multiple values to support different browser types.

This will solve your problem...
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

usa4all

Quote from: aljo1985 on July 19, 2016, 06:08:16 PM
Just had a quick look,
In /Themes/Nebula_Theme_CR/css/index.css
Line 4506 or just search for
.membergroup_badge

Here you can change the "color" this will change the colour of the text, or you can add a background gradient as follows. Just append in the class

background: #171717;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%, #171717), color-stop(100%, #29486B));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #171717 0%, #29486B 100%);
    filter: progid: DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#171717', endColorstr='#29486B', GradientType=0);

#171717 is the color from and #29486B is the colour to, from top to bottom. There are multiple values to support different browser types.

This will solve your problem...

Hmm,, I can't find anything like this in my index.css (see attachment)

oOo--STAR--oOo

Are you sure you have given me the right CSS file here?
The css file from the folder I stated above cause it says those classes are in there.

if not, add

.membergroup_badge {
}

to the end of that css file.

If its still not changing you can add the important flag as follows

color: #000 !important;

Hope that helps.

In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

usa4all

Ouch,...

I Was searching in the wrong *.CSS file..

Sorry 'bout that.

Attached the right *.CSS file

oOo--STAR--oOo

EDIT:
From what I can gather, it looks like there is an error with your Display.template.php file
If you open this file, you can search for
<div class="poster
You will see the information here as to where it is hard coded into the element its self.

I would recommend you put these styles in a css stylesheet instead so you can modify them more easily in the future rather than having them hard coded in the template.

To do this simple delete inside Display.template
style="background: ;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, 0%,  100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,), color-stop(100%,));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, 0%, 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, 0%, 100%);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='', endColorstr='',GradientType=0 );"

And put these styles in your index.css instead by adding these lines to the end of your css file

.membergroup_badge {
    background: #0E4666;
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#a4dcfc 0%, #0E4666 100%);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#a4dcfc), color-stop(100%,#0E4666));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#a4dcfc 0%,#0E4666 100%);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top,#a4dcfc 0%,#0E4666 100%);
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top,#a4dcfc 0%,#0E4666 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#a4dcfc 0%,#0E4666 100%);
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#a4dcfc', endColorstr='#0E4666',GradientType=0 );
}

In Design Phase!

usa4all

Quote.membergroup_badge {
    text-align: center;
    color: white;
    font-size: 12px;
    border: 1px solid transparent;
    padding: 1px 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 3px;
    -khtml-border-radius: 3px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    -khtml-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    max-width: 200px;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 3px 1em 3px 1.5em;
}

But When I change white to grey the txt color is changing..  I Want the box color to match the online color (As in Membergroup settings)  ..  You now how to solve that problem?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: usa4all on July 20, 2016, 09:00:12 AM
Quote.membergroup_badge {
    text-align: center;
    color: white;
    font-size: 12px;
    border: 1px solid transparent;
    padding: 1px 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 3px;
    -khtml-border-radius: 3px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    -khtml-box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    max-width: 200px;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 3px 1em 3px 1.5em;
}

But When I change white to grey the txt color is changing..  I Want the box color to match the online color (As in Membergroup settings)  ..  You now how to solve that problem?

No problem, here is your amended css file.
Attached, that should now be exactly the same as the previous member group box's

In Design Phase!

usa4all

Got it..

Al the membergroupbadges are now the same color, right?  No matter what color you set online list color..

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: usa4all on July 20, 2016, 09:13:50 AM
Got it..

Al the membergroupbadges are now the same color, right?  No matter what color you set online list color..

Well, considering you haven't changed the Display.template.php which handles the colours of the bars, then those options will still work.. Seems like the reason some of are not changing colour could be because you haven't set it up in your admin for those specific member groups. If the styles are hard coded in the element which they seem to be for the ones that are working, then these styles will be used instead of the ones set in the index.css file. The only thing that won't change is the font color as I don't actually see where it changes in the hard coded element anyway as the font will always be white. If you have options to change the background colour in your admin panel for groups, then those will still work and override the index.css file styles. For the ones that don't work, the index.css will take care of that and set them to those colours we put into the index.css.

Hope that explains it well enough for you :)

In Design Phase!

usa4all

Ok.. This is what happened..

I changed index.template, but make the changes undone.
I upload the index.css which you modified..

The backgroundcolor is now #0E4666 as we set in the index.css

This is shown in the membergroupbadge.

When I change the online member list color the badge color should change, right.

For example I changed the membergroup "USA4ALL President"  to  #B53834, but It didn't change It's keeping the #0E4666 color. (Even when i cleared cache)

As you describe, the color  setting in the admin panel should override the css settings..  , but as you can see that is not what happened.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Okay, let me elaborate, initially, it was broken, the text was white and the background colour was also white.. What we did in index.css was fix this issue where both the background and font colour was not white anymore. The function in your mod menu is broken which is why we applied a fix in the css.

It does seem like the other ones are not broken, that's why they both are not white.. In order for you to fix it so you can change the colour of the broken parts, you need to ask for support in the relevant mod for that.

Simple way of putting it is, the mod is broken, we edited the css to counter any broken parts. Only the broken parts will adhere to the CSS changes.

Plus I don't see any profiles with custom background colours for their mod groups, they all look the same... So I don't know what mod you are using and what other colours you have, they all look the same colour to me.

In Design Phase!

usa4all

QuoteOkay, let me elaborate, initially, it was broken, the text was white and the background colour was also white.. What we did in index.css was fix this issue where both the background and font colour was not white anymore. The function in your mod menu is broken which is why we applied a fix in the css.

Check..    Unclear for me of i need to modify the index.template ? Or leave as it was?

QuoteIt does seem like the other ones are not broken, that's why they both are not white.. In order for you to fix it so you can change the colour of the broken parts, you need to ask for support in the relevant mod for that.

Ok,   I did asked the theme owner. But I didn't use any particular mod for color changing ..

QuoteSimple way of putting it is, the mod is broken, we edited the css to counter any broken parts. Only the broken parts will adhere to the CSS changes.

Ok, so that's why any color change doesn't have any effect if i change the color in the online list (Admin section)

QuotePlus I don't see any profiles with custom background colours for their mod groups, they all look the same... So I don't know what mod you are using and what other colours you have, they all look the same colour to me.

I changed the membergroup "USA4ALL President" to #B53834. I do see the change in the online list. but not in the badge (Because it's broken i suppose) .

oOo--STAR--oOo

Oo, the online colour list is for the USERNAMES and Member group legend in the online list only ( This is at the bottom of your forum where the stats are ), not for changing the colour of member groups or usernames within posts. So changing this will not change the background colour of membergroups or usernames within posts unless you use a mod to do this for you.

I don't understand how the <div class=posts element is inserting styles without a mod, unless its hard coded in the themes template.

Where it has when editing membergroups

Star image filename:
you can use $language for the language of the user {theme URL}/images/

I can see you are not using an image but text instead. As default it would display a coloured square image.
You are also displaying 2 or multiple member groups within the post section.

So if you are not using a mod to modify this section, the default options in the admin menu, to edit member groups will not change these styles!
Only a mod, or something within the original design of the theme can change this..

So basically, your theme has some edits in the template that controls the colours of these member group star images as this is what they are.

You will need to contact the theme developer to ask them what the problem is.. Because its not something SMF does as default.

In Design Phase!

usa4all

Ahh ok. Get it.. 

My white txt on white background is solved with the index.css so thxz for that.

I'm getting confused in this matter because when I change the online color to the global moderator (which is me ;-) ) The color will change (Also in the  badge.   So I was thinking that post-related groups also changed by modifying the color ;-)

Tx anyway..

Advertisement: