News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing Colors

Started by usa4all, July 19, 2016, 01:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usa4all

Ok.. This is what happened..

I changed index.template, but make the changes undone.
I upload the index.css which you modified..

The backgroundcolor is now #0E4666 as we set in the index.css

This is shown in the membergroupbadge.

When I change the online member list color the badge color should change, right.

For example I changed the membergroup "USA4ALL President"  to  #B53834, but It didn't change It's keeping the #0E4666 color. (Even when i cleared cache)

As you describe, the color  setting in the admin panel should override the css settings..  , but as you can see that is not what happened.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Okay, let me elaborate, initially, it was broken, the text was white and the background colour was also white.. What we did in index.css was fix this issue where both the background and font colour was not white anymore. The function in your mod menu is broken which is why we applied a fix in the css.

It does seem like the other ones are not broken, that's why they both are not white.. In order for you to fix it so you can change the colour of the broken parts, you need to ask for support in the relevant mod for that.

Simple way of putting it is, the mod is broken, we edited the css to counter any broken parts. Only the broken parts will adhere to the CSS changes.

Plus I don't see any profiles with custom background colours for their mod groups, they all look the same... So I don't know what mod you are using and what other colours you have, they all look the same colour to me.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

usa4all

QuoteOkay, let me elaborate, initially, it was broken, the text was white and the background colour was also white.. What we did in index.css was fix this issue where both the background and font colour was not white anymore. The function in your mod menu is broken which is why we applied a fix in the css.

Check..    Unclear for me of i need to modify the index.template ? Or leave as it was?

QuoteIt does seem like the other ones are not broken, that's why they both are not white.. In order for you to fix it so you can change the colour of the broken parts, you need to ask for support in the relevant mod for that.

Ok,   I did asked the theme owner. But I didn't use any particular mod for color changing ..

QuoteSimple way of putting it is, the mod is broken, we edited the css to counter any broken parts. Only the broken parts will adhere to the CSS changes.

Ok, so that's why any color change doesn't have any effect if i change the color in the online list (Admin section)

QuotePlus I don't see any profiles with custom background colours for their mod groups, they all look the same... So I don't know what mod you are using and what other colours you have, they all look the same colour to me.

I changed the membergroup "USA4ALL President" to #B53834. I do see the change in the online list. but not in the badge (Because it's broken i suppose) .

oOo--STAR--oOo

Oo, the online colour list is for the USERNAMES and Member group legend in the online list only ( This is at the bottom of your forum where the stats are ), not for changing the colour of member groups or usernames within posts. So changing this will not change the background colour of membergroups or usernames within posts unless you use a mod to do this for you.

I don't understand how the <div class=posts element is inserting styles without a mod, unless its hard coded in the themes template.

Where it has when editing membergroups

Star image filename:
you can use $language for the language of the user {theme URL}/images/

I can see you are not using an image but text instead. As default it would display a coloured square image.
You are also displaying 2 or multiple member groups within the post section.

So if you are not using a mod to modify this section, the default options in the admin menu, to edit member groups will not change these styles!
Only a mod, or something within the original design of the theme can change this..

So basically, your theme has some edits in the template that controls the colours of these member group star images as this is what they are.

You will need to contact the theme developer to ask them what the problem is.. Because its not something SMF does as default.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

usa4all

Ahh ok. Get it.. 

My white txt on white background is solved with the index.css so thxz for that.

I'm getting confused in this matter because when I change the online color to the global moderator (which is me ;-) ) The color will change (Also in the  badge.   So I was thinking that post-related groups also changed by modifying the color ;-)

Tx anyway..

Advertisement: