Hi am new to SMF need help

Started by Eagleye, July 31, 2016, 12:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleye

I would like the create a board where new members can say hello and introduce themselves before they can see the rest on the board am unsure how to implement this if anyone could instruct me.

secondly i have redirect boards i was wondering if you could add an image like twitter logo in the redirect board to make it look more fancy.

thanks

sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times i did search but could not find anything on forums or mods

Kindred

For the first one, you will have to use post count based groups and set permissions and access for them

For the second one, you would need one of the board icons mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

Some hints: membergroups, boards, permissions. Relationships between these 3.

You'll want a board for introduction post, then chose how members will get access to more boards: can be automatic (post count based) or manual (admin allows access).

Set up a forum with some boards, register yourself with a test account in addition the the admin account, make some basic membergroups, use the test account to try things out, tweak setup and permissions until it works as intended.

A few long nights and all will be fine :O)
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Siirist

Quote from: Eagleye on July 31, 2016, 12:56:40 PM
I would like the create a board where new members can say hello and introduce themselves before they can see the rest on the board am unsure how to implement this if anyone could instruct me.

See ManageMembergroups attachment 
Admin > Members > Membergroups > is where you can change your membergroups. Create a test (as I have)
For new members to ONLY see the introductions board, you can click on Modify to the right of the "Newbie" (I used Part-Time Resident) in the Post Count group and then click on "visible boards", and then only select the Introductions board

secondly i have redirect boards i was wondering if you could add an image like twitter logo in the redirect board to make it look more fancy.

thanks

sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times i did search but could not find anything on forums or mods

Here is the mod that you need cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons)

See my ManageBoards to see where you make changes to the board icon.  The area spray painted over is another mod that can change the color of that board's lettering and add a tiny icon to the right of the board's title.

Visit the link in my signature to see live examples.

Hope this helps,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: