forummE

I have a problem, my website not showing inside iframe, it is using SMF
Forum CMS version 2.0.11.

When i put this code in my other site:

<iframe src="My Site URL"></iframe>

I just see blank box. Anyone know what i must do to make it showing inside
iframe code??

Illori

SMF does not work within an iframe for security. cant you just provide a link to the forum and not use the iframe?

forummE

But EmoneySpace using SMF on their forum, but it's showing inside iframe. How could it happen??

Because i want to promote my forum through PTC Advertising, but to make it happen my forum must be showing in the iframe tag first or i just spend my money for nothing

Illori

they are using SMF 1.1.* which does not have this feature and is no longer getting updates and they should upgrade to SMF 2.0.* which has this feature.

forummE

Hi, thank you for your reply, and now how i can downupgrade to version 1.1??

Illori

you cant and as i said it is not getting support, so you should not downgrade or install it.

nend

There is a way, but as far as I know it isn't widely supported.

index.php
Find
if (!headers_sent()){
// Future versions will make some of this configurable. This is primarily a 'safe' configuration for most cases for now.
header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');

Add After
header('X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM http://your.website.ext');

Replace your.website.ext with the website url you want to allow to iframe your page.

This tells the browser if supported to allow this site to show the forum in a iframe.

However like I mentioned it isn't widely supported so it might work for some users and not at all for others.  :-\

Any other way I can think of is very sketchy as it would be relying on information that can easily be spoofed.

Advertisement: