News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum problems after restoring database backup.

Started by Dayna Bedrosian, February 06, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayna Bedrosian

One of my forum admins decided to delete my account.  So I did a database restoration and I'm still having issues.  I tried working with my Web host and they said there was nothing that they could do.

Replication of problem steps

1. Top right Click on Profile button

2. On left side click on Forum Profile Information

3. Select radio button that says

I will upload my own picture:

4. Click on choose file

5. Select a picture

6. Bottom right of page click on Change Profile

Result is this message
An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Also you see this message when you log in I see this message.
The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

I click on it and it's still there.

Another issue I have is this message from the Forum error log.

2: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
File: /hermes/walnaweb12a/b2998/ufgq/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 883

Steps to replicate the problem

Step 1. Click on Admin button up in the top navigation bar

Step 2. Click on Forum Error Log

Sir Osis of Liver

Try running repair_settings.php.  Then upgrade to 2.0.13.  The 1.1 branch is no longer supported, and will have many problems if your host upgrades beyond php 5.4.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: