Members List View Selection?

Started by dapaq2, October 04, 2016, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapaq2

Group,

Currently in my members list I have the following columns.

Staus, Username, Email, Position and Data Registered

I'd like to know if there is a way to enable / disable specific things from the members list using the admin control panel?

Postion has nothing listed under it for any of the members, and I would rather have "Last Logged In" than "Date Registered".

Very curious if can be done, and what other things I can have shown in the members list, current entries don't seem to be very helpful or informative, especially "Date Registered".

Thanks,
Doug

Kindred

no. the memberlist display is not configurable by settings
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dapaq2

What a disappointing shame, as it definitely should be configurable ! :(

Doug

Kindred

Why would it be configurable?  In over 10 years, I think that you are the first person to ask for that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dapaq2

Should not would... Not everyone wants to display what is currently displayed in the members list by default. Just because no one has ever requested it, doesn't mean that it is something that would not get used if it was available. I am sure there are several SMF administrators that would use it if were available. How come "members last visit date" is not one of the entries listed on the members list page by default?

Doug

Kindred

Because really isn't information that most general users need to know.

And the point of simple machines is to keep things simple, we have actually removed several admin options which are not used by most for the next release...
Слaва
Украинi

Matthew K.

Actually...I've heard quite a few requests to be able to control what fields are visible on the member list. I'll make sure there's a mod for this in SMF 2.1.

shawnb61

I have exported smf_members into Excel for some random, one off needs.   

Works in a pinch.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Woraphat

I have often wondered why there weren't more options in the Members tab of the main menu.  I do believe it would be nice to have Last Active date in the list.  I often switch to the other menu list to get that info.  That other menu list is the one found at the bottom of the forum home page.

dapaq2, if you click on Members in the Users Online block at the bottom of the forum home page, you will get members listed with these fields:
Name
Last active
Date Registered
Posts (Number of posts)

Any member can click on that and get the info but if a user has chosen not to let others e-mail him/her, then that e-mail address is hidden for for all except admin.  As an admin, I find myself clicking on both member lists to get the info I want.

To me, it seems a no-brainer to include the last active date in the admin member's list menu choice but the program is free so I don't complain.

At the same time, it would be good to be able to hide the Last active from members.

And just in case anyone doesn't know it, a nice option available to all is that a click on the header (field name) of any of those fields on either member list will allow you to sort those specific columns.

br360

Quote from: Woraphat on October 04, 2016, 09:23:31 PM
I have often wondered why there weren't more options in the Members tab of the main menu.  I do believe it would be nice to have Last Active date in the list.  I often switch to the other menu list to get that info.  That other menu list is the one found at the bottom of the forum home page.

There is a mod that adds the last active to the memberlist- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1324
To me, it seems a no-brainer to include the last active date in the admin member's list menu choice but the program is free so I don't complain.

This is a default feature for admins. Admins can go to Admin>>Members>>View all members and can already see all of their members last online time

Woraphat

Yes, that is true but THAT list of details is missing the sign up date and requires an admin to log in to see it.  So, still having to look at more than one list to see those mentioned details.

Woraphat

Quote from: dapaq2 on October 04, 2016, 04:19:00 PM
Group,

Currently in my members list I have the following columns.

Staus, Username, Email, Position and Data Registered

I'd like to know if there is a way to enable / disable specific things from the members list using the admin control panel?

Postion has nothing listed under it for any of the members, and I would rather have "Last Logged In" than "Date Registered".

Very curious if can be done, and what other things I can have shown in the members list, current entries don't seem to be very helpful or informative, especially "Date Registered".

Thanks,
Doug

I missed part of your text in my first reading.  You wrote under that in the Position column, there is nothing listed in that column.  The should be an entry that tells you that each name is a member, moderator, admin or what have you.  I think if that info is missing, then you have a glitch.
In my writing in this post, I am referring to the Members link on the forum main menu.  That column won't be available if you click on Members at the bottom of the page because ALL people in that link are from the member category.

SMiFFER

Quote from: Matthew K. on October 04, 2016, 09:08:51 PM
Actually...I've heard quite a few requests to be able to control what fields are visible on the member list. I'll make sure there's a mod for this in SMF 2.1.
Very nice!!

Quote from: Woraphat on October 04, 2016, 09:23:31 PM
As an admin, I find myself clicking on both member lists to get the info I want.
Exactly the same here.

Quote from: Woraphat on October 04, 2016, 09:23:31 PMTo me, it seems a no-brainer to include the last active date in the admin member's list menu choice but the program is free so I don't complain.
Same. but still it is worth requesting.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SMiFFER

Quote from: br360 on October 04, 2016, 11:27:48 PM
There is a mod that adds the last active to the memberlist- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1324
Geee!!!
I have not yet tried that one, because it does not mention whether it works with versions later than 2.0
(it has last been modified 5+ years ago...)

Does it work with 2.0.12 ?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

check the support topic for that mod. most mods created for any version of SMF 2.0.* should work on any version of SMF 2.0.*.

SMiFFER

I did, and the version log (post #1) is _even_older:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:02:50 AM by Nathaniel »

That's what might scare away other SMF-newbies, too...

But thanks, will try it now.

Woraphat

Quote from: SMiFFER on October 05, 2016, 05:53:19 AM
I did, and the version log (post #1) is _even_older:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:02:50 AM by Nathaniel »

That's what might scare away other SMF-newbies, too...

But thanks, will try it now.

Please let us know how it goes.  I would like to try it out.
Thanks to br360 for mentioning it.

SMiFFER

Oh yes, I sure do - could help other newbies:

Downloaded V1.4 from http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1324
Installed it using Package Manager - works out of the box on my 2.0.12

The most sophisticated would now be to configure WHICH fields are displayed... but that seems future...

Woraphat

SMiFFER

Advertisement: