News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

something went wrong installing a theme

Started by Minsky, April 04, 2017, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minsky

Hello nice people, I am testing this wonderful forum platform in the view of transfering an existing forum in a new, more colored, bubbly site. Therefore I have installed it in a VM under WAMP (3.0.4).

All good, up and working in an instant! Fantastic!

Then, playing around with a few configuration options, I came to wish to see differend skins. I picked a theme from the list of available themes in this site (bluesea) and following the instruction at this topic: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=11481.0 tried to install it. Unfortunately, something went wrong, and now nothing works no more. I get only a blank page with the message: «Unable to load Themes/default/Errors.template.php!». Sure I have missed to to something crucial. But I have no way to get back. What can I do, other than reinstalling all from scatch? Well, I can for sure reinstall all for scratch also one hundred sixty four times, till I am messing up for the sake of experimenting, but what if such a thing happens once we have the real forum up and running? No protection against clumsy actions? No undo? No emergency recovery?

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

Steve

Did you try to install the theme with the Package Manager or the Theme Manager?

As for recovery/undo, it's called backups. Do them before installing/uninstalling mods, themes, etc.

As for getting back to normal, that's not really in my area of expertise yet so someone should be along shortly to help you.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

More than likely an issue with file and directory permission setting in relation to the ftp uploads if that is how you installed, smf recommends 644 for files and 755 for folders, but I've always used 755 for everything without issue...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: