News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need help removing a fatal error message showing at the bottom of forum page

Started by Kardia, December 21, 2016, 06:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kardia

Our host moved our site to a new server last week. Everything seems to be working ok but there is a fatal error message showing at the bottom of the forum page that I can't figure out how to remove/fix.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function FFCopyright() in /home/wicca/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(2185) : eval()'d code on line 233
I used the update option in the admin area after the move to update from 2.0.10 to 2.0.12 and received a message that the update was successful. However I then ran a detailed version check and it showed that the Sources folder was still listed as version 2.0.10 and needed to be updated. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Kardia

ziycon

FFCopyright isn't a standard function in SMF, it's part of the ForumFirewall mod, can you try uninstall the mod and reinstall it and see if it resolves the issue?

Kardia

I simply used the update link in my admin area to do the update to 2.0.12 and now am not sure how to uninstall the changes it made. What is the best way to do this?

ziycon

Can you post in the Forum Firewall thread for mod specific support please, thanks. You might have to manually remove the mod and reinstall it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=417490.0

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't worry about /Sources being at 2.0.10, it's a minor glitch, not a problem.  You can uninstall the 2.0.12 update in Package Manager.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kardia

Thank you so much for your help! I had no idea what was causing that error but after reading your post, I just uninstalled our Forum Firewall mod and reinstalled it like you suggested and that did the trick. ((hugs))  :)

Advertisement: