News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Get to know the team: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Started by Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen, May 31, 2009, 04:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Baofeng was not a bad guess however, they've copied Kenwood for ages. Even their connectors are largely the same ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SaltedWeb

I have a couple myself, there also allot of poorly made Baofengs I found people even copy those
and make fakes. Whats the world coming too when you make a copy and then someone steal it lol.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Deaks

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 24, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
I felt like this deserved a little update. Nothing dramatic - Even the position on SMF remained the same. :P

miksi??? Why???
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

aegersz

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 09, 2009, 12:58:16 AM
I work in private security. Currently I do 2 jobs actually.
I work in the security of a government agency,
and I handle the access control environment of another.

i knew it - you're a bouncer !  :-X
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: BryanD on February 05, 2018, 01:45:42 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 24, 2018, 04:56:52 PM
I felt like this deserved a little update. Nothing dramatic - Even the position on SMF remained the same. :P

miksi??? Why???

I noticed I still enjoy the stuff the green team does. :P

Quote from: aegersz on February 05, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 09, 2009, 12:58:16 AM
I work in private security. Currently I do 2 jobs actually.
I work in the security of a government agency,
and I handle the access control environment of another.

i knew it - you're a bouncer !  :-X

Not really :P Security guard by profession, service manager by title. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

btw you know how much I love you bro but I am taking bets on when you will go grey again want in? :D (btw I need your help on something suomi related)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: BryanD on February 06, 2018, 02:34:35 PM
dont need a green badge to help people dude :P
I know, just saw the team was a bit small - thought I could lend a hand. :)

Quote from: BryanD on February 06, 2018, 02:36:02 PM
btw you know how much I love you bro but I am taking bets on when you will go grey again want in? :D (btw I need your help on something suomi related)
Oh come on, not fair that. :P  But re: Finnish and Finland, feel free to ask :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, no halo - Just some horns like a devil.

Edit: This was in response to a now deleted post. :P
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

SMiFFER

I must say that A.L.K. is a very capable guy who has always been willing to help. Sophisticated!
Hence my signature :)
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

aegersz

i'm a straight shooter; this is my summation of ALK:

Eager to help, knows his SMF tek, never comes across as 'hollier than thou', selfless, welcoming [says that on his sig. :)], humble, amusing ... and all served with just the right temperament ...

... gets results ...

Just a good ol' all 'rounder ... a better man than I am  8)

No BS !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I've never been very good at taking compliments, usually make me very uncomfortable IRL. But really - thank you. :) Nice of you.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Shambles

Quote from: aegersz
... 'hollier than thou' ...

Christmas has arrived early at SMF :P

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Xmas is always early, and seems to move earlier every year. :p
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: