News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"No text in body" when editing posts

Started by Sigyn, December 30, 2016, 09:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigyn

These are the most recurring. Even when I remove all errors, 16 remain at the refresh of the page.

I found the Chatwee.php file in the FTP and pulled it up in Notepadd++ and this is what I saw for Line 212:

*Edit* When I try to save a page with BBCode as the beginning to make the error show up, nothing changes. The same errors just show up again and duplicate themselves. We don't even use Chatwee on our forum.

Illori

can you please copy/paste the error messages into your next post, along with the code in the body of the post? it is much easier to deal with this in the post rather then pictures.

Sigyn

QuoteToday at 04:35:47 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 4ad8715a61a23a585d4538e3ad28c3c4
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.dragonsriseau.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message User limit exceeded

QuoteToday at 04:35:47 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 4ad8715a61a23a585d4538e3ad28c3c4
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: Undefined

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.dragonsriseau.com/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined variable: txtApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /var/sites/d/dragonsriseau.com/public_html/Sources/Chatwee.php
Line: 212

Lines 190-215 in Code:

$url = "http://chatwee-api.com/api/remotelogout?chatId=".$chatId."&clientKey=".$clientKey."&sessionId=".$sessionId;

get_response($url);

$hostChunks = explode(".", $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]);

$hostChunks = array_slice($hostChunks, -2);

$domain = "." . implode(".", $hostChunks);

setcookie("chch-SI", "", time() - 1, "/", $domain);

}
}
}

Hopefully I did what you requested correctly. ^^;;

Kindred

That is completely unrelated to your post issue.... that has to do with a badly defined/undefined variable in your chat mod which is trying to set a cookie.
You should take that up with the mod author.... but, as I said, is not related to your BBC problem.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sigyn

Quote from: Kindred on February 14, 2017, 07:48:50 AM
That is completely unrelated to your post issue.... that has to do with a badly defined/undefined variable in your chat mod which is trying to set a cookie.
You should take that up with the mod author.... but, as I said, is not related to your BBC problem.

I was providing (or attempting to provide) what was asked of me to resolve the issue. Do you have something more direct that I can provide for possible assistance with fixing it?

Kindred

I know that you were...    and we hoped that some error in your log would help narrow down which mod is causing the issues... but, if those are the only errors in your logs, then they are unrelated to the BBC issue.
(you should, indeed, follow up with the mod author though, since no mod should be generating errors like that, if properly coded and installed)

As for your BBC issue...

Please attach your Subs.php file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sigyn

Steve

One more question while Kindred waits for your attachment. If you copy the entire contents of this post (possibly by quoting it if it will let you) then making a new test post with these contents, do you still have the problem?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

ummm.....   that's the file from your Sources directory?

I am stunned that your system is even working at all with that file.

the random BBCode mod is distinctly and clearly badly installed.

I have fixed that part...

in the message itself, I see

[plainbox][gfont=Architects Daughter][size=16pt][b][glow=black,2,300][color=#0b00b8]

that is 6 deep BBCode before you even get to an actual character...
that might be part of the problem....

but it looks like your other BBCode mods are trigger via hooks...  which means that you can easily disable them and the re-enable them one at a time to see when it starts failing
Слaва
Украинi

Sigyn

Quote from: Steve on February 14, 2017, 08:58:13 AM
One more question while Kindred waits for your attachment. If you copy the entire contents of this post (possibly by quoting it if it will let you) then making a new test post with these contents, do you still have the problem?

Copying the entire post to a new thread gives the same error.
Interestingly, I can edit the post in it's original state, but adding any information presents the error.

@Kindred;
Thank you very much for fixing that. I'm not sure we even use the random bbcode (I never have, actually) but the fact that you took the time to fix it is appreciated. As for the thing being 6 BBCode deep, I did try to fix this by putting words before any of the codes and even then I got the error it was giving me.

I will try disabling the hook BBCodes as well.

Sigyn

Apologies if double-posting isn't allowed...

I have finished running through the hooked BBCs and none of them changed by ability to edit that post (with or without letters before the BBCode) while they were turned off. I turned off all the hooks and turned one on at a time to test, then I turned them all off and added them back one at a time as well until they were all running once again.

There seemed to be no change.

Steve

There's no rule against double-posting (that I'm aware of) when you're providing pertinent information such as you did.

Your post is a little confusing to me though. You turned off all the hooks and still couldn't edit?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sigyn

Quote from: Steve on February 16, 2017, 10:04:38 AM
There's no rule against double-posting (that I'm aware of) when you're providing pertinent information such as you did.

Your post is a little confusing to me though. You turned off all the hooks and still couldn't edit?
Correct; I couldn't save the edit. The error of no text in the body was still given when the hooks were off, when one was turned on at a time, and as I turned them all  back on together. The too long version is -- the hook BBCodes don't seem to be the problem.

Advertisement: