News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Always stay logged in graphical issue.

Started by Vyazhan, December 20, 2016, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyazhan

Hey guys,

I am running into a problem here in regards to the "Always stay logged in" option. I have read in another thread a fancy way to always have the checkbox ticked by default to keep people logged in forever. This works fine and looks neat, but the provided fix doesn't take into account that when a user manually clicks on the "stay logged in forever" checkbox, it automatically disables the input box for the minutes that a user can select to stay logged in and it doesn't do that when it's checked by default by modifying the index template.

What I would need know is a way to automatically have the input box for the minutes to stay logged in disabled by default and onclick of the "stay logged in forever" checkbox, enable the input box for the minutes again, so pretty much the exact opposite of the default values :D

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me with this!

Thanks a lot and have a great festive and serene time!
Vya

Vyazhan

Bumping for the new year  8)

See an example here: http://forum.xusah.net/ [nofollow]

d3vcho

Hello!

Well, what is the purpose of doing this? I mean, personally I don't want to be always connected to a forum because I sometimes log in from public computers, and I prefer setting the minutes I want to saty logged in instead of clicking the "Logout" button when I finish. Call me Lazy :P

Can you please post the other thread where you found that "fix"?

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Vyazhan

Quote from: d3vcho on January 05, 2017, 05:18:24 AM
Hello!

Well, what is the purpose of doing this? I mean, personally I don't want to be always connected to a forum because I sometimes log in from public computers, and I prefer setting the minutes I want to saty logged in instead of clicking the "Logout" button when I finish. Call me Lazy :P

Can you please post the other thread where you found that "fix"?

Regards :)

Hey d3v :)

Of course I can link you! Please check here for the original fix I implemented based on the thread: Click Me

The purpose of this is simple: We are running a private forum and we won't need this option, unless we actually are accessing the forum from a public space, which is very unlikely to begin with. Therefore, having the option turned on by default (and hence, trying to disable the minutes logged in field to be disabled by default as it won't be required most of the time) makes sense for us particularly and would make it more comfortable for our members :) I get the idea though and I certainly would go along your line of thinking if I would make a public forum, which might happen in the not so distant future :)

Thanks for your help and looking forward to see if we can get this working somehow!

All the best,
Vya

Advertisement: