News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing the Default Home Page

Started by DrBaja, January 13, 2017, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrBaja

Hello! I'm the owner of hxxp:bajaslab.com [nonactive]

I have a problem, I'd like to put my UPDATES forum as my default homepage, you will see I've edited the home button as hxxp:bajaslab.com/index.php?board=2.0 [nonactive]
So it works fine but what I want is this:

When a player first types in hxxp:bajaslab.com [nonactive] they end up here: hxxp:bajaslab.com/index.php [nonactive]
What I want is when they type hxxp:bajaslab.com [nonactive] they should end up here:  hxxp:bajaslab.com/index.php?board=2.0 [nonactive]

Help would be appreciated, I look through subs.php and index.php, as well researched but found nothing related to what I wan't!

EDIT: Using Version 2.0.6 (Only GoDaddy Host Supports)

Kindred

First and foremost -- UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM!   You are 7 revisions behind, including MANY security updates.

second -- no, there is not any good way to do what you are asking. The system is not designed to do that and any attempts to us redirects or recode bits will only cause you issues.

that being said... you could install a homepage or portal mod and display the recent posts from that board.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DrBaja

Thank you, I've updated my system, I was to scared to before (afraid go daddy might break) now I'm using 2.0.13

So could you elaborate with the portal mods? I want the home page to show frequent post on a specified forum.

Steve

You mean from a specific board, right? And if you take a look here you'll find a number of portal mods: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=portal

Sitting down and reading about each one should give you an idea of what they can do. I personally use TinyPortal but others swear by ezPortal, SimplePortal, etc. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

A portal mod can replace the home page to show content from a designated board, or whatever else you might want there. Take a look at http://simpleportal.net/ for example - they have their front page showing off certain topics from a news board, as well as extra sidebars etc.

DrBaja

Thanks for the support guys!
Tried ezportal, It seemed to have a lot of glitches,
I'm with Simple Portal and I love it! Thanks guys!

Advertisement: