News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multiple accounts with same details

Started by Gryzor, January 28, 2017, 04:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

I meant the plugin setting "Automatic approval for user registered from Tapatalk"

Quote from: helpAutomatically Approve Verified Tapatalk Members.

The plugin code has its own createUser function - just a thought...

Gryzor

Yeah, I know how crappy TT is in that regard, but I repeat, he did it from his PC, not from Tapatalk.

Kindred

Well, for one thing, when we ask for the mod list...  please post it in the message as text... not as an image, and attachment or as a link to a google doc.

Your issue is, almost 100% definitely due to tapatalk.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gryzor

Apologies, I posted it on Sheets because it's easier to read there,won't repeat.

As for TT... again, he didn't register with it. As a matter of fact TT reports no registrations through it for this week, so how could it be?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: Gryzor on January 29, 2017, 12:28:15 PM
Apologies, I posted it on Sheets because it's easier to read there,won't repeat.

As for TT... again, he didn't register with it. As a matter of fact TT reports no registrations through it for this week, so how could it be?

This is a hard one because SMF is not supposed to function like that. You are not supposed to be-able to use the same email OR username so the fact he did both is like breaking 2 of the normal rules when creating accounts. So if the accounts are indeed matching, it does seem like an error within your source.

Possibly related to TapaTalk, I can't comment too much in regards to TapaTalk because I have never used it.. Maybe it is in some way interfering with your registration. I dunno..

Its not supposed to be possible and the fact we can't recreate it makes it even harder for us to find a solution. Can you re create a user with the exact same details again?

Can the member who did it, do it again. With tech, anything is possible, if its just a one off, I would be fine with that. If its a continuing problem then it would need looking into.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Gryzor

As I said, I did try creating multiple accounts and it prevented me from doing so... I'll ask the member to try again and report!

live627

You mentioned that the user had connectivity issues, and someone suggested server lag. Both of those conditions may have prompted the user to send the same request multiple times, causing race conditions where some codded might run many times while the original request didn't finish, confusing teh checks and balances.

Creating unique indexes in the database on both `member_name` and `email_address` will prevent duplicates.

A bloated banlist also seems to slow the registration process.

Aye Aye

Maybe the Topic Starter should ask that user with the multiple accounts to try an create another couple of accounts using exactly the same username and email address.

lurkalot

Quote from: Aye Aye on January 30, 2017, 03:23:59 AM

Maybe the Topic Starter should ask that user with the multiple accounts to try an create another couple of accounts using exactly the same username and email address.

Quote from: Gryzor on January 29, 2017, 01:13:34 PM
... I'll ask the member to try again and report!

Advertisement: