Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Started by ThunderRabbit, April 26, 2017, 11:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderRabbit

Attempting to login to the SMF forum I am in the process of building produced the following error:
<begin>
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home3/customap/public_html/floridahomeownersunite/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58 Stack trace: #0 /home3/customap/public_html/floridahomeownersunite/smf/Sources/Load.php(2516): smf_db_initiate('localhost', 'database', 'username', 'password', 'smf_', Array) #1 /home3/customap/public_html/floridahomeownersunite/smf/index.php(68): loadDatabase() #2 {main} thrown in /home3/customap/public_html/floridahomeownersunite/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 58
</end>
Note! - I did modify the error to protect the user detail.

Up until yesterday I believe my host had me using PHP v5.4 and it needed to be changed to accommodate a new update of Joomla which required 5.6 or better. I logged into my host account and noticed that PHP 7.0 was a choice so I selected it. (Note! - I made no attempt to log into SMF while PHP version was set at 7.0)

It seemed another issue exposed itself so I logged back into my host account and set the PHP version to 5.6. I just checked before posting here and it remains at 5.6.

Could the brief setting of v7.0 have affected SMF as I read other similar posts suggesting SMF does not support PHP 7.0 yet?

Is there something I can do to correct this issue or am I going to have to attempt to restore from a backup?

Thank you in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer.

Lee

Illori

Elmacik

Additionally, if you are using mysql library for the database; it's deprecated and strongly discouraged. Swithing to MySQLi library is recommended and it's widely supported now.
Home of Elmacik

Arantor

Quote from: Elmacik on April 26, 2017, 11:23:26 AM
Additionally, if you are using mysql library for the database; it's deprecated and strongly discouraged. Swithing to MySQLi library is recommended and it's widely supported now.

This is being changed in SMF 2.0.14.

ThunderRabbit

Quote from: Arantor on April 26, 2017, 11:47:47 AM
Quote from: Elmacik on April 26, 2017, 11:23:26 AM

This is being changed in SMF 2.0.14.

Any word on when SMF 2.0.14 will be making its debut?

Lee

Illori

Advertisement: