News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrade 2.0.14 Issues

Started by arjanhs, May 29, 2017, 01:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjanhs

After upgrading to 2.0.14 i found out i needed a higer level of PHP. After fixing that part I was able te upgrade, but found out an other problem which i can fix till now. When i select a board i got a 404 message. The URL shows index.php/board,7.0.html instead of index.php?board,7.0.html, which doesn't work either when using manualy.

What could be wrong and how can i fix this, the installation can be found on the the following URL: http://forum.arkasama.nl

Thanks,

Arjan

Shambles

Looks like you may have "Search engine friendly URLs" ticked in the Admin settings.

Quote from: Help SystemThis changes the format of URLs a little so search engines will like them better. They will look like index.php/topic,1.0.html.

Can you get to your Admin centre > Features & Options > General ?

Shambles

Quote from: Shambles

If you cannot do this, access your database using phpmyadmin (or similar) and execute the following query:

Code (Run SQL) Select
UPDATE smf_settings SET value = 0 WHERE variable = 'queryless_urls'

(that's assuming your database table prefix is "smf_")

arjanhs

Quote from: Shambles on May 29, 2017, 02:25:17 AM
Looks like you may have "Search engine friendly URLs" ticked in the Admin settings.

Quote from: Help SystemThis changes the format of URLs a little so search engines will like them better. They will look like index.php/topic,1.0.html.

That one was true, the site was migrated to an other host, probaly they have changed the Apache version or used something els. Anywhy it's wokring again, thanks.

Advertisement: