News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by Colin, May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Thank you for testing... it is a beta, after all...

However, I will say, reporting issues on another site is useless. Here or github are the only places that reports should be made.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Also, that report is nonsense. Settings_bak.php is not supposed to be included, it's a backup of the main Settings.php file made when changes are made to the file. Why would it be included when it can *always* be regenerated by the software itself whenever it is needed?

mrgtb

Quote from: Arantor on June 02, 2017, 04:45:34 AM
Also, that report is nonsense. Settings_bak.php is not supposed to be included, it's a backup of the main Settings.php file made when changes are made to the file. Why would it be included when it can *always* be regenerated by the software itself whenever it is needed?

So why is one included with SMF 2.0 download package then? You can always download both 2.0.14 and 2.1 Beta 3 and compare it to see for yourself.  ;D

And when you say one gets generated auto on server after making changes to settings. Not so sure about that, one didn't get auto created on mine after saving some server settings. I still kept seeing the warning text saying Settings_bak.php permissions was wrong - then when looking on host saw none was present.

Arantor

*shrug* That's what's _supposed_ to happen, at least. That's what the _bak part indicates, it's a backup.

lurkalot

Thanks all.  Just giving this new beta a try locally. Noticed this in the admin center.

Support Information

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.1 Beta 3
Current SMF version: SMF 2.1 Beta 2
(more detailed)

Rob Lightbody

Can't wait!

Keep up the good work guys.

Thanks.

Gary

Quote from: lurkalot on June 02, 2017, 03:21:07 PM
Thanks all.  Just giving this new beta a try locally. Noticed this in the admin center.

Run the Fetch Simple Machines Files scheduled task and it should update.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Nolt

Vanilla Lumina

Awesome! Cannot wait until the final release, 2.1 looks to be great just like any other SMF version! I'm going to test beta 3 on a local server tomorrow and give back some feedback about it. ^^

Irisado

Off topic and non-English posts removed.  Please only use English in English language boards and stay on topic.  Thank you.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

karlbenson

gisfreak

at last , we see some progress here :D

*waitingpatientlyforfinal
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

engrz

420SA

Cannot wait for the official release!

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

John.

willerby

Applause... well done everyone involved.
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Macabreo

woolly bugger

cool beans, upgrade to my beta board worked without a hitch.

keep on keeping on!

confuseamuse

Looking forward to the progress.

Advertisement: