News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.13-2.0.14 error on test install

Started by outdoors-stuff, June 05, 2017, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors-stuff

vbgamer45

hmm that's not right. Are you sure you upload all the php files to the right folder/directory

2.0.13 is not stored in the database it is based on changes made in the files themselves.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

outdoors-stuff

yup - copied across the lot! That's one of the few things I am sure of!

1056 files. Copying across again in case something glitched, but I'd be surprised if that made any difference!

outdoors-stuff

vbgamer45

Hmm I am still wondering if the files went to the right place.
Rename a  file such as the index.php and check if your site disappears if not then might be the wrong site you are in...
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

outdoors-stuff

Well I was about to say of course it is - we only have one forum...

But.... the site hasn't disappeared with renaming. That really is very odd...

vbgamer45

Check your file paths under admin -> server settings in your forum. then compare that to your ftp path.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

outdoors-stuff

They match ok....

And I've just done a trawl through files and folders on the server and can't see anywhere where another forum could be hiding!

Only thing that is now nagging at me - our webhosts changed servers today. Can't see any reason why that should affect things but you've got me wondering if it's somehow looking at the old server now. (Yes, I am clutching at straws - this isn't at all realistic as they're a good web host - but it's the only thing that I can even imagine). No idea how to check that though- and won't get an answer from the webfolks til tomorrow now.

Illori

what is the name of the archive you are extracting the files from?

outdoors-stuff

2.0.14 from large upgrades from http://download.simplemachines.org/

And just checked the timestamp of some files in the forum (on the server - not via FTP as uploaded ;-) ) - and it's of this eve. So don't reckon the random straw of looking at wrong server can be right...

Sorry I may have to take that back - timestamp for some that is earlier in the eve than last update via FTP - hang on a sec...

outdoors-stuff

OK timestamps may just be down to GMT vs BST.

Changed the name of the index file to NOTTHEINDEX_index and that shows up in the files I'm looking at on the server. As does a recopied index file when I return it via FTP. Comparing the two files they are binary the same.

So I think I'm pretty confident I'm updating the right set of files...?

outdoors-stuff

Thanks vbgamer45. You may well have hit the nail on the head. Looking rather likely our webhost was a bit remiss in (not) sending us details of a new control panel after the internal server move they did yesterday morning :( So I probably was inadvertantly updating the right files - on the wrong server! Will hope new details of control panel resolves everything - but many thanks for your help in the meantime to point me in the direction of the control panel being wrong :)

outdoors-stuff

Seems to have worked - but no wonder I couldn't understand what was causing the problem at the start!

Advertisement: