News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Subject permission settings specific to the member

Started by tarantula901, November 06, 2020, 09:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarantula901

Is there a mode that allows only the person opening the topic to see a topic or the member I want to see?

shadav

I think simpledesk does that
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491

otherwise no not individual members but you can set up forums per member group allowing or disallowing access and post permissions per forum/per member group

efk

If this mod does what topic author requested, it is very useful to keep it on side. Noted.

tarantula901

Quote from: shadav on November 06, 2020, 10:12:06 AM
I think simpledesk does that
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491

otherwise no not individual members but you can set up forums per member group allowing or disallowing access and post permissions per forum/per member group

Let's say the topic I am talking about is opened, only a member I want can see it and someone else will not see it.

Arantor

Yes, that's not an option in SMF out of the box. SimpleDesk was designed for that purpose, but it's too complex for most people to set up - because it was designed to be a full helpdesk, not just to handle the 'simple' case of just boards like that...

SMF cannot do topics like that out of the box, it's just not designed for it.

shawnb61

As shadav points out, easy to do at the board level, with a membergroup with one member in it.

Depending why you are doing this, you can also consider post moderation.  Unapproved posts/topics have very limited visibility - moderators & posters only.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

Other than the replies being leaked via RSS feeds, search and recent posts :(

This is literally one of the reasons SimpleDesk was created, to properly handle 'a place where someone can create a topic that only they and staff can see'. If you could do what the OP is asking for in core SMF, the charter helpdesk would be a regular board.

efk

Quote from: shawnb61 on November 06, 2020, 02:53:57 PM
Depending why you are doing this, you can also consider post moderation.  Unapproved posts/topics have very limited visibility - moderators & posters only.
This comes with small catch - Original 1st post approve/Modify will approve post/topic. So as administrator or with required permissions if its used Modify on original post >>> Approve     Quote     Modify     Enabled     Remove     Split Topic <<<
it must be ensured that in "Attachments and other options" is unticked "Approve this Post". But can be used Modify button/Edit which is just above buttons Report to moderator and IP.
Also install this mod if this is an option https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1128

If approved, everyone can see.

m4z

Quote from: tarantula901 on November 06, 2020, 09:38:20 AM
Is there a mode that allows only the person opening the topic to see a topic or the member I want to see?

Why don't you use Personal Messages for this?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

tarantula901

Quote from: m4z on November 07, 2020, 11:43:58 AM
Quote from: tarantula901 on November 06, 2020, 09:38:20 AM

Why don't you use Personal Messages for this?

After the purpose is opened, I want only the member to see it.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tarantula901

Quote from: Kindred on November 08, 2020, 06:26:16 PM
Use the helpdesk

When this mode can be used, that topic will only appear in the poster, is it true?

Kindred

the helpdesk ticket/post appears to the poster and the staff who you give permissions to
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tarantula901

Quote from: Kindred on November 11, 2020, 05:04:28 PM
the helpdesk ticket/post appears to the poster and the staff who you give permissions to

category does not change, it only appears to the member you want as a permission, right?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: