News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Ban problem

Started by argent, July 03, 2017, 01:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

argent

Hey guys, i've a big problem here, everything was normal in my forum & suddenly something went wrong & everyone got banned ! every single user. Plus when i try to log in it says " Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! " I have no idea what happened ! Can anyone please help me !

VERSION: SMF 2.0.14

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Also, did you recently install any sort of anti-spam mod or do anything to your .htaccess by chance?

a10

Assuming you have access to the database, maybe start by checking if there is anything funny in smf_ban_groups & smf_ban_items (someone with access added *.*.*.* in the forum ip ban list :O)

If seeing unwanted entries it can be easily fixed (then move on to the serious problem ...how did it happen)
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

Or are you using some sort of proxy service like cloudflare?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

argent

Thanks for your support, the problem is solved.

br360

Good to hear. What was the issue?

argent

the problem still exists, many members say they cannot connect via mobile phone devices.
I still don't know what was the real problem but after i restarted my rooter everything solved! I think what caused this matter is when i banned a member..all the others were banned as well. My regards

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 03, 2017, 11:23:12 PM
Or are you using some sort of proxy service like cloudflare?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

argent

Kindred

ok then...   HOW did you ban the member that triggered this? did you use wildcards?
Слaва
Украинi

argent

i banned him using the admin service in the forum itself, maybe that member had same last digits with all the others..

Kindred

So, you used wild cards in the ban?
Слaва
Украинi

a10

^^^ :O)  looks like the hardest work in doing support is patience \ endurance while trying to squeeze out some useful information...
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: