News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Users Online Today Mod

Started by Nibogo, November 06, 2005, 01:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archiebald

Quote from: Old Fossil on July 21, 2012, 10:15:53 PM
QuoteI am reporting this as unsafe on the mods page.

The mod works as it should on 2.0.2

Did you uninstall the mod completely before upgrading?

I have been steadily upgrading since SMF 1.0 and have been using UOT for the last 3-4 years with no problem.  I was on 2.0, then installed the bug updates for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 earlier this year and everything was still fine.

But I found a particular problem with Japanese layout being broken in Internet Explorer so I decided to clean up the forum.  I first uninstalled all mods, then I used the large upgrade for 2.0.2.  This solved the issues I was having with display in IE.  I then started re-installing my original mods.

With UOT I tried twice, first time I installed it last after five other mods - killed the forum.

Next I reverted to a clean backup then tried installing UOT before any other mods just in case of some conflict.  Same result - just a blank screen.

archiebald

Quote from: Arantor on July 22, 2012, 06:14:43 PM
It's not upsetting me, it's simply that it isn't actually unsafe, it just doesn't function on your specific forum for any one of many separate reasons, and none of them are 'unsafe', and the team will do precisely nothing for that reason - it isn't actually broken.

Sorry, but your phrasing there sounded very defensive.

As far as I am concerned, if it breaks my forum it is unsafe, nothing to do with vulnerabilities.

Arantor

I'm just trying to advise that reporting it as 'unsafe' will be pretty much ignored by the team.

Now, you have two choices, you and I can sit here and debate whether this is unsafe or not (by the team's definition, it is not), or we can look at why it breaks and figure out how to fix it.

This later part requires some work on your part, which starts by finding the server error log and identifying what precisely the actual error is (blank screen is almost the most generic symptom there is)

Ascot

Hi there. Nice mod.
Any idea on how can i show Avatars instead usernames?

I tried to find out by myself but no success
Maybe this can helpyou to help me  :-[
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=268533.0

Thanks in advance!

luuuciano

Are you using a portal? The adk portal team have relesaed a few days ago a block to do that
http://www.smfpersonal.net/downloads.html;sa=view;down=350

If not, maybe you can ask them about a way to use it without adk portal...
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ocmdiaz714

Can somebody please tell me how to add space after the comma? Thanks.

Example:

OCJ

@Ascot

I use this mod which works with a Simple Portal whos online that displays avatars. Depends if you use the portal.

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on September 02, 2012, 11:11:27 PM
Can somebody please tell me how to add space after the comma? Thanks.

Example:

Bump. Sorry.

Bugo

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Bugo on September 05, 2012, 07:12:45 PM
Do you know PHP or HTML?

Me? I know a bit, if I'm told what it is to look for and replace, or simply telling me where I can go and make the edit.

Bugo

What version of SMF you're using, and what version of this mod you're installing?

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Bugo on September 06, 2012, 02:29:43 AM
What version of SMF you're using, and what version of this mod you're installing?

2.0.2 for both.

Bugo

Attach your BoardIndex.template.php

ocmdiaz714

BoardIndex.template.php is attached.

Bugo

I see no any problems. Space is exists:
$context['num_users_hidden_today']), ', '
Maybe are you using other theme, with own BoardIndex.template.php? Can you post a link to your forum?

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Bugo on September 06, 2012, 10:55:52 PM
I see no any problems. Space is exists:
$context['num_users_hidden_today']), ', '
Maybe are you using other theme, with own BoardIndex.template.php? Can you post a link to your forum?

The file I attached is actually from the custom them I am using. Here's my site: http://www.immatureandpopular.com thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to mention I have the code within a block, I don't know if that makes a difference...Here's the code:

// Users Online Today

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
if (!empty($context['users_online_today']) && $context['viewing_allowed'])
{
echo '
<br /><br />Users Online Today<br />';

echo
'', implode(',', $context['list_users_online_today']);
}

Edit again:
I found out what was wrong, I added a space here:
'<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online_today']);

Bugo

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Bugo on September 07, 2012, 12:58:23 AM
Why? :)

Well I had this:
'<br />', implode(',', $context['list_users_online_today']);

Had to add a space after the coma inside the implode.

sajjad

hi
persian language for this mod
plz add bcz persian members need this mod
SMF Group Forever

Carceri

Quote from: sajjad on September 21, 2012, 06:53:49 AM
hi
persian language for this mod
plz add bcz persian members need this mod

Thanks, but are you sure the UTF-8 version is correct? The other one seems to be UTF-8, but the one called -utf8 seems to be wrong.

Does it even make sense to have a non UTF-8 version for Persian language?

Advertisement: