Message windows are nesting into each other

Started by confuseamuse, August 08, 2017, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

confuseamuse

I discovered that my forum is set up incorrectly in the topic view.

Instead of having the message windows operate separately from each other in the HTML, I discovered that instead they were nesting into each other.

So the first post in every topic would be the parent of every other post. Then the second post would be the parent of the following posts and so forth.

I figured that it must be that the </div> tags aren't closing correctly at the end of the posts (like they are supposed to). I also figure that it's the fault of a mod that changed something in the Display.template.php.

Now this hasn't caused any huge issues with the appearance of posts, fortunately, but it does mean that I can't edit the CSS files appropriately to add the fancy schmancy elements I'd been planning.

How would I fix this issue? I've attached my Display.template.php in case you want to have a look.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

confuseamuse

I managed to fix it by adding a </div> tag. I'm assuming during an edit a while back, the divs were broken and kept nesting into each other.

After I did this, it broke the forum syntax, so I cleaned it up. Should be all good now.

Advertisement: