News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

Started by cuongvttt, September 23, 2017, 07:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuongvttt

"Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

I had the issue in SMF 2.0.14
Because there was no any solutions in this issue, so i had to comment this line too to make my members login.
Please let me know if there is a best solution.

Quotei fixed this problem

find and check Sources/LogInOut.php file, must be exatcly like below. if there is any code between them, like session , delete that line.

// Are you guessing with a script?

spamProtection('login');

Shambles

Quote from: cuongvttt
Because there was no any solutions in this issue, ...

There are plenty of posts with the solution.

Here's just one example:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=555518

Arantor

Different symptoms, different problem, and that thread won't change anything. OP is right, it isn't a solved problem except for that line being commented out, though it's been there for well over a decade without any obvious reason for it failing.

Sir Osis of Liver

I've seen this on several forums running 2.0.14 Curve, requires multiple logins to get in.  Only solution I found is to remove session check in LogInOut.php.  Doesn't happen in same forums running 2.0.13.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

cuongvttt

Hi guys,

Thank you guys for your help.
I'm using FRESHLOOK theme but i don't know how to fix, so i had to remove the session check.

Sir Osis of Liver

Look for this in index.template.php -

<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

Change it to this -

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shambles

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 24, 2017, 10:56:26 PM
Look for this in index.template.php -

Change it to this -

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

That's in the thread I linked to in reply #1, above, only to be told in reply #2 that it wasn't relevant  :-\

Arantor

The session timing out error as given is only supposed to happen during actual posting, not during login, hence my thinking it wasn't relevant.

Illori

// Are you guessing with a script?
checkSession('post');
spamProtection('login');

this was added in LogInOut.php, i was wondering why it is a session check on post when you are logging in or out.

Arantor

Because it's an HTTP POST rather than a GET. If it were checking the session being in the URL you might have it say checkSession('get'); instead. I'm just confused about the message rather than the behaviour.

Steve

I'm going to assume by your post that all is well so marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: