News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Blocking VPN Users

Started by Anoni1337, October 20, 2017, 10:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoni1337

So I see on my forum a lot of ppl using VPNs,so my question is is there any way to block them,some mod or something ?

Arantor

They'll just change to other VPNs.

The real question: what's the problem with VPNs?

Anoni1337

Quote from: Arantor on October 20, 2017, 10:30:02 AM
They'll just change to other VPNs.

The real question: what's the problem with VPNs?

Hmm is there than way to block Russia as country to visit my forum ? Since my community only for Balkan region,but I noticed a lot of Russian IP-s with Some yandex "company" things.

@Edit: Will this help me out ? https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=314425.0

Arantor

Honey Pot won't keep Yandex out because Honey Pot doesn't really consider Yandex an actor that needs to be kept out of anything.

Do you have a robots.txt file? Yandex should respect that if you tell it not to index anything.

sky23

Arantor...haha...must laugh again..  The real question: what's the problem with VPNs?

Buddy FREEDOM OF CHOICE, my friend, FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!
I by myself want to know who is from where and who is coming into my living room...i guess you not... ;D

Suki

Quote from: sky23 on November 05, 2017, 02:52:09 PM

I by myself want to know who is from where and who is coming into my living room...i guess you not... ;D

I guess you also want the NSA and virtually anyone else in the world to also know who is coming to your living room...
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Arantor

Arantor...haha...must laugh again..  The real question: what's the problem with VPNs?

Buddy FREEDOM OF CHOICE, my friend, FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!

You have the freedom of choice to prevent people using VPNs. I have the freedom of choice to ignore you.

Then again there's also cases like when I'm posting from work on a forum in my lunch break, where I'm guaranteed to be using a VPN because they have one that everything is routed through, from the UK to New Zealand for reasons...

But sure, assume everyone follows your rules and point of view.

sky23

Quote from: Suki on November 05, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

I guess you also want the NSA and virtually anyone else in the world to also know who is coming to your living room...

No glue what you meant...I guess you misunderstood the case here. I said, i for myself want to know, who is from where coming in my forum! Resulting in not allowing any kind kind of VPN's used in my forum. But everybody have different reasons,some allow it, others will not. All the comments here showing me, that they don't think about the fact, that some of the forums are highly privat!

Steve

Sky, this is someone else's topic and marked solved. Do what you want on your forum but don't try to debate it here.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Which was precisely why I asked what the problem was, so I could figure out how best to assist you because I don't have mind reading skills.

Advertisement: