News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Needed permissions to install a mod packages

Started by grinninglich, November 03, 2017, 06:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grinninglich

When I try to install a package I get this error:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager. Note you can also do this manually using an FTP client - to view a list of the affected files please click here.

I don't use FTP so it can't change them automatically. I will set them manually but I don't know which permissions needed on which folders/files?

Arantor

Potentially all SMF files need to be writable by whichever process PHP runs as.

grinninglich

Quote from: Arantor on November 03, 2017, 06:30:34 AM
Potentially all SMF files need to be writable by whichever process PHP runs as.
From Package Manager -> File Permissions these are writable: Settings.php, Settings_bak.php, attachments, avatars, cache, Smileys, Themes, Packages

Though Sources is not writable.

What is wrong here I don't understand.

Kindred

The sources directory and the files in it almost definitely need to be writable....  as arantor said,  depending on the mod,  almost any  file or directory may need to be writable
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

grinninglich

Ok solved it. What is the suggested permissons though? 775?

Arantor

It's whatever is needed to make it writable. Files might need to be 644, 664 or even 666 with the folder being 755, 775 or 777. We can't tell you how your host set this up...

Advertisement: