News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is There A Way

Started by mitek, November 07, 2017, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

Is there a way using the admin panel or whatever to force simple machines forum to show the latest post in any one category as soon as you go to the category.. like in ascending order.

For whatever reason when I got a reply its always takes me to the first/oldest post in any given category or forum. I wish it would default and to go to the newest reply/post so I don't have to scroll through page after page to get to the newest post in that section.

I am using version 2.0.14 and for the life of me can find no way to do this, and i feel stupid because I'm pretty sure its there somewhere... I mean back to the old SMF I could do it. I have used PHPBB for the last several tears before moving back to SMF.

Any help suggestions extensions add-ons etc that will work in 2.0.14 would be deeply appreciated.

Mike/Mitek Computers
KCF Private Forum

Sir Osis of Liver

Assuming you are referring to post order in topics (not categories), it's a profile option.  You can set it one way or the other for all members in Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Click on the little arrow on the right hand side of the list of topics next to where it says the time/date of last post, takes you direct to last post.

mitek

Thanks all for the help.. was what I needed. I just kept missing it somehow...

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Advertisement: