News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

BotBanish Firewall Client

Started by Randem, November 17, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arminus

Quote from: Randem on April 24, 2023, 11:25:34 PMI just added an IP to the blacklist and it does appear in the BotBanish list not in an SMF table. Are you looking in an SMF table? The timezone should be the same as SMF, I will double check this.
What I meant was that I set a name for the IP address (in order to understand later why it was added), but the name does not appear in the table as produced by action=botbanish;area=viewblacklistips

Quote from: Randem on April 24, 2023, 11:25:34 PMWe will be releasing BotBanish 4.1.00 soon which will be for SMF 2.1.3, so that will not be an issue. You would just uninstall BotBanish 4.0.07 without deleting the data tables then install BotBanish 4.1.00 on SMF 2.1.3 and you will be fine.
Understood, but my question was on what will happen if I have BotBanish installed and there is a new SMF version (or a mod which also patches an SMF file which was patched by BotBabnish). What is the recommended procedure then?

Quote from: Randem on April 25, 2023, 12:52:55 AMThe timezone is static but can be changed in the database table botbanishclient_settings via the name column with the value of BOTBANISH_TIMEZONE. This is an over-site and will allow timezone change in the next version. We allow it to be changed on the website install but forgot on the SMF version.
That does not seem to have any effect. I tried setting it to Europe/Berlin, no change, then saw that there is a list of timezone definitions (?) in BOTBANISH_TIMEZONES and set BOTBANISH_TIMEZONE to Europe/Sarajevo which is in that list, again no change. Time in action=botbanish;area=showanalytics shows as -12h relative to mine.

All minor issues...

Randem

QuoteUnderstood, but my question was on what will happen if I have BotBanish installed and there is a new SMF version (or a mod which also patches an SMF file which was patched by BotBabnish). What is the recommended procedure then?

Upgrading to SMF 2.1.3 will have no effect on the BotBanish installation as I remember. If there was an issue like the files that were modified were replaced all that would be needed is to uninstall BotBanish and Re-install it. I would recommend that you uninstall BotBanish first then do the upgrade then re-install BotBanish.

QuoteWhat I meant was that I set a name for the IP address (in order to understand later why it was added), but the name does not appear in the table as produced by action=botbanish;area=viewblacklistips

Not understanding. In the image that I posted it shows that the list took the name that I gave it. Could you show an image of what happens when you do it. Also can you give me the information you are using so that I can test this on my end.

QuoteThat does not seem to have any effect. I tried setting it to Europe/Berlin, no change, then saw that there is a list of timezone definitions (?) in BOTBANISH_TIMEZONES and set BOTBANISH_TIMEZONE to Europe/Sarajevo which is in that list, again no change. Time in action=botbanish;area=showanalytics shows as -12h relative to mine.

Looking into the timezone issue... Working on changing the way it operates to make it simplier.

Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

Also where you want to change the timezone, look in the Settings_Client.php file. That is where the timezone originally is set. You can find this file in the BotBanish/bot folder.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

QuoteWhat I meant was that I set a name for the IP address (in order to understand later why it was added), but the name does not appear in the table as produced by action=botbanish;area=viewblacklistips

I figured out what you meant. The blacklist is not supposed to have a name but the whilelist is. This will be taken care of in the next release. Thanks  :)

arminus

Quote from: Randem on April 26, 2023, 02:48:51 AMI figured out what you meant. The blacklist is not supposed to have a name but the whilelist is. This will be taken care of in the next release. Thanks

thanks

Regarding the timezone issue: Originally you had said that this is set in the DB but that apparently has no effect. Changing it in Settings_Client.php works. But I understand you're going to fix that in the next release, too. So we'll wait for that for the operational install anyway.

Randem

Yes, these issues have already been taken care of in the next release. The timezone will default to the same timezone as the SMF installation and can be changed in the BotBanish Settings area (for BotBanish only). Thanks for your feedback.

Randem

Aloha, We have release BotBanish 4.1.00 for SMF today and it is available on SMF and at https://botbanish.com. Check our support forum for detailed information.

arminus

I'm afraid this doesn't install:

[Sun May 14 09:16:25.107055 2023] [php:error] [pid 2048158] [client x.x.x.x:55789] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected string content "", expecting "-" or identifier or variable or number in /home/www/roberge/BotBanish/bot/Subs/BotBanish_Subs_SMF.php on line 333, referer: https://abx.xyz/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=BotBanish_Client_SMF_v4.1.00.zip
After that, the site is broken, i.e. just says "BotBanish_Subs Hacking attempt..."

PHP 8.2 with SMF 2.1.3

Randem

Hi, I found the error. it was a $ inside a quote. I will fix this an produce a new upload.
There is a backup of files changed in BotBanish/bot/Backups Just unzip the files back to the original location. If the SMF Settings table needs to be modified, use phpMyAdmin to search for botbanish in the value field and remove the entries. I will also check the install on PHP 8.2

Randem

Just installed it. let me know if you have any trouble with restoring the backup. There is also a backup of the database in the Botanish/bot/Backups folder

Randem

Just tested on PHP 8.2 and not ready for 8.2 yet. Some slight changes need to be made to be compatible. Will work on those. BTW, there is at least one function that is not compatible on PHP 8.2 with the SMF Forum software.

arminus

Quote from: Randem on May 14, 2023, 04:41:30 AMJust installed it. let me know if you have any trouble with restoring the backup. There is also a backup of the database in the Botanish/bot/Backups folder
Thanks, since I got burned last time, I test this on a server where I just backup everything before doing anything. Will switch to 8.1 there, is the patch already in https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4158 ?

Randem

Yes, the patch has been uploaded.

arminus

Next problem (I did switch the server to php8.1)

[Sun May 14 11:59:26.073664 2023] [php:error] [pid 2133796] [client x.x.x.x:64297] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Field 'stack_trace' doesn't have a default value in /home/www/test/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:1028\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/www/test/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php(1028): mysqli_stmt_execute()\n#1 /home/www/test/Sources/Errors.php(129): smf_db_error_insert()\n#2 /home/www/test/Sources/Errors.php(301): log_error()\n#3 [internal function]: smf_error_handler()\n#4 /home/www/test/BotBanish/bot/Subs/BotBanishCopyFile.php(38): ftp_get()\n#5 /home/www/test/BotBanish/bot/Subs/BotBanishCopyFile.php(16): BotBanishTransferFile()\n#6 /home/www/test/BotBanish/bot/Subs/BotBanishInstall.php(48): include('...')\n#7 /home/www/test/BotBanish/bot/Subs/BotBanishInstall.php(15): BotBanishInstallStart()\n#8 /home/www/test/Packages/temp/DatabaseIntegrate.php(86): require_once('...')\n#9 /home/www/test/Sources/Packages.php(1028): require('...')\n#10 /home/www/test/Sources/Subs.php(6029): PackageInstall()\n#11 /home/www/test/Sources/Packages.php(91): call_helper()\n#12 /home/www/test/Sources/Admin.php(499): Packages()\n#13 /home/www/test/index.php(191): AdminMain()\n#14 {main}\n  thrown in /home/www/test/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 1028, referer: https://test.xyz/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=BotBanish_Client_SMF_v4.1.00.zip

Randem

Looking at the data it seems that ftp has failed on the install but ftp_connect was loaded. I will check these function

Randem

Changed upload. Replaced FTP with CURL. FTP might not always be loaded or completely function on some systems. Are you running on Apache 2.4? Also is your mySQL Mode set to STRICT?

arminus

Installation works now - after having installed php8.1-curl.

IMHO it would be prudent to check if all required PHP extensions are available in the installer before actually running it (and stop if those preconditions aren't met). And/or at least list the required extensions in the docs.

Randem

Great! PHP 8.1 is listed in the docs Runs on PHP 8.1.x, Apache 2.4.x, MySQL 5.7.x, but it may be prudent to check for some things when possible for some host may not automatically load the same default modules as out hosting does. Thanks for reporting these issues so that we could get them worked out. It helps tremendously. We took care of the obvious issues with PHP 8.2 but haven't fully tested on it yet.

Randem

Interested in seeing if your system is ready for BotBanish? Run the BotBanish Pre-Install checker to see if you have all that is needed to run BotBanish. Download it here - BotBanish Pre-Install Checker

arminus

Quote from: Randem on May 14, 2023, 02:11:53 PMPHP 8.1 is listed in the docs Runs on PHP 8.1.x, Apache 2.4.x, MySQL 5.7.x,
I was aware of that but not of the other required extensions, so that checker certainly helps.

QA hat on:

Also, it says that PHP 7.4.33 (which is what we have on the production server) is ok - "Runs on PHP 8.1.x, ..." kind of implied to me that 8.1 is required, but apparently not. That's fine but could maybe also be stated explicitly in the docs (i.e. what's the minimum PHP version required)

QA hat off ;-)

Advertisement: